New acoustic treatment.

RinkRat

Who needs acoustic foam??

Since I retired from ice hockey this year, due to injury. <*sobs*> I took SOME of my jerseys, and put them in the "drum room" today...

There are about 60 hanging... I have another 25-30 I have to break out of storage...

I really need to invest in carpets & ceiling tiles!! (and a real stand for that china..)

CAM00077.jpg

Who needs acoustic foam??

Since I retired from ice hockey this year, due to injury. <*sobs*> I took SOME of my jerseys, and put them in the "drum room" today...

There are about 60 hanging... I have another 25-30 I have to break out of storage...

I really need to invest in carpets & ceiling tiles!! (and a real stand for that china..)

View attachment 58758

Not much into hockey, are you?

The best sport ever ;)
Us Canadians sort of like it...

As to the OP, I hate to be the one to inform you, but your drum kit is, well, backwards ;)

Ah, yes, the thing where they bat a stale biscuit around on the ice!

I kid. We've actually got a minor league team here in Houston and I've been to a few games. Just being able to tell who is on offense or defense at any given time takes some work. It was fun, though.

A dentist's wet dream

Yes I understand they support the sport wholeheartedly.

It cracks me up how much people will pay for that Auralex foam. Yikes! What a ripoff!

Drumming has really helped in the transition away from playing hockey 3-5 nights per week.

But it's dramatically less social than playing for 3 teams, and I think that is making it a bit more difficult.

I'd need to find a pack of musicians, who are into crappy music, and don't mind jamming with a beginner. ...and like drinking a beer or six during those jams.

New ceiling is in... New carpet is in... Walls primed...

Building some Bass traps to scatter about...

What aisle is talent located at?

Pics next week...

Back