Tambourine suggestions?

Mike7300

I am new to drumming, and I am wondering what the best options are for a tambourine? Theres a bunch of songs I want to play, but they need that tambourine to sound like the recording.

If you want to play it mounted, with sticks, the LP Cyclops.

If you want to play it mounted, as a complementary sound to your hats, get a "ching ring".

If you want to play it hand-held, with a contemporary sound, get an LP.

If you want to play it hand-held, with a classical, skinned sound, look for a Grover or Black Swamp model that suits your fancy.

This is what you want, its the shizzle.

LP JAM TAMB

+1. This thing sounds like a full-sized tambourine but fits almost anywhere. If you're interested in using a gajate pedal so you can do a Neil Peart-style ostinato with your feet, it's far better than trying to cram a full-sized tamb in among your pedals and stands.

I have been using the Rhythm Tech DST for over 20 years and it has held up superbly.

...If you want to play it hand-held, with a classical, skinned sound, look for a Grover or Black Swamp model that suits your fancy.

Black Swamp make the best tambourines on the market, in my opinion. Grover are up there too. Look at the Chromium jingle Black Swamps for a really versatile sound.

I picked up a Meinl nickel-coated steel & brass double row tambourine lately, and I'm really liking that too. Very versatile, and easily muted.

The only problem with Black Swamp and Grover is a tambourine from them costs around $150-200 in Vancouver. The Meinl ran me about $70.

Back