Dave Lombardo

Re: Dave Lombardo - Clinic @ Feedback (Full Video)

use to love dave lombardo. "reign in blood" is definitely one of the best metal albums of all time imo. i also like his work with the phantomas

Hmmmm, part 6 isn't there anymore. :-( Is there a way to get it directly from you Dyaxe?

got to watching some of the video clips that got posted earlier in the thread here, just wanted to say thanks a lot. on a side note, is it me or does dave look like complete chit?

I seemed to have missed this. I am a big DL fan. So would anyone from the U.K whom has downloaded this, be willing to burn me a copy of this. Obviously, I will post the required cdr and postage to cover thier costs.

If anyone can genuinely help, then please p.m me.

I will be eternally grateful.

Cheers!

*Bump*

As one of the files is no longer hosted, and it is quite a lot to download for a 56k user, could someone recommend the best files out all of them to download?

HE HAS THE MOST STAMINA I HAVE EVER HEARD. HIS FEET JUST KEEP ON GOING AND GOING I PITTY HIS BASS HEADS

Listening to dave has changed my style completely with slayer im hooked on metal now and i think dave is an exellent drummer at what he does his double bass is amazing it sounds so amazing i made an audio file of his solo from angel of death paul bohstaph was good but dave owns all and his autobiography sounds so much like my life its crazy but hes amazing the speed the precision the energy, the power is phenominal i like his style but there are other drummers that are good also but dave affects me alot and from the interviews ive seen and the stuff i watched om my Reign in blood dvd, dave seems to be a funny cool guy and he seems to have lots of respect

Attachments

• double bass solo.mp3
    90.7 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
Slayer_metal_head said:
and from the interviews ive seen and the stuff i watched om my Reign in blood dvd, dave seems to be a funny cool guy and he seems to have lots of respect

Unless he's talking about Kerry King, in which case he might just accuse the guy of having a brain the size of a hazelnut... That's a champion of an interview. Try to track it down, there's a video of Fantomas being interviewed on german channel WAH2. Very funny, but maybe a little painful if you're a Slayer fan.

Dave Lombardo is FRIGGIN AWESOME! He inspires me again and again and again! But I haven't seen anyone mention his performance on the Testament Album, The Gathering....I mean Come on!!! The opening track, DNR is simply Amazing! His speed and Stamina is astounding!! He rules!

He was awesome in Slayer, and some of that avant garde chaos he pulls off with Patton and Fantomas really shows freakish ability.

Dave is a huge inspiration to me and my drumming. His raw talent is very unique and he can come up with the sickest s*** on the toms. His book Power Grooves is alright; the drumming in the end tracks is pretty insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave was and is easily one of my biggest influences in drums. Ive never been amazed as i was when i first saw his drum video on drummerworld a few years ago.. Even though i have seen some more technical videos recently. He fits in perfectly with Slayer, one of the most energetic bands merged with insanely energetic drummer. Sorry if ive repeated existing points from other posters. It must be said hes rather legendary.

Honestly, I never really liked Slayer, even during my big "thrash metal" phase as a teenager. I always thought that Dave overplayed on the Slayer stuff, which I suppose is exactly what attracts certain types of drummers to that kind of music. But....his playing with Fantomas is undeniable, in my opinion. Very clean, very versatile, and incredibly creative at times. Of course, the quality of the musicians he is surrounded with in Fantomas makes a big difference, too.

Hi. I know that most of you have either forgotton about this, or have downloaded this - but I haven't.
I finally have got someone to download this for me, but a few of the link are down:

http://rapidshare.de/files/4200168/Dave_Lombardo_-_Clinic___FeedBack_Part_2-8.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/4200168/Dave_Lombardo_-_Clinic___FeedBack_Part_3-8.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/4200168/Dave_Lombardo_-_Clinic___FeedBack_Part_4-8.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/4200168/Dave_Lombardo_-_Clinic___FeedBack_Part_5-8.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/4200168/Dave_Lombardo_-_Clinic___FeedBack_Part_7-8.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/4200168/Dave_Lombardo_-_Clinic___FeedBack_Part_8-8.wmv.html

Is there any chance one of you ''fast users" could re-upload this. You'd be doing me a really big favour. And make sure you only upload it to Rapidshare, as it lasts 30 days no matter what - or longer if the downloads continue.

Thanks.

South African Drummer said:
Dave Lombardo is FRIGGIN AWESOME! He inspires me again and again and again! But I haven't seen anyone mention his performance on the Testament Album, The Gathering....I mean Come on!!! The opening track, DNR is simply Amazing! His speed and Stamina is astounding!! He rules!

Exactly! Not only is it one of the best thrash records ever produced, but the drumming is one of the best performances of all time.

Great drummer. I'm so glad I got to see Slayer live twice with Lombardo.

In 2004, I was on a business trip in Vegas. One of my employees knew that I was a diehard Slayer fan. He bought us tickets for a show at the LV HOB. Anyway, I didn't know that Dave was back in the band. I had perfect seats in the balcony (I am too old for that pit stuff) and then I saw him. I was screaming like I was 15 again.

He played the balstaph stuff so magnificantly! He is so animated behind the set.

Then, to top it off, they played the entire Reign in Blood album for the oncore.

My associate who came with me was freaking out that I went so crazy during the entire show!

Dave makes Slayer what it is. He really is irreplaceable.

Mike

SLAYYYYERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite bands and drummers of all time! Slayer wouldn't be slayer if there was no Lombardo!

In the world of metal this guy is a LEGEND, he may have been surpassed for speed these days but that was never what dave was totally about anyway, i went to see them back in 87 in england and is speed, power and endlessly inventive fills were amazing

i'm one of dave's biggest fans however he did go through a rough patch in the early 90's, dont care what anyone says on the seasons in the abyss tour he was definately below par(couldnt nail angel of death), and i was hugely dissapointed with his performance on decade of aggression( except chemical warfare which was excellent), in fact dave has said himself recently that he was very dissapointed with his playing on that record. i also believe that according to jeff hanneman dave's double bass on the album version of war assemble was doubled up because dave couldnt pull it off.

However dave has come back and hit form with avengeance, went to see slayer last year and dave was without doubt at least as good as he was in 86-87, nailing all his early stuff and bostaphs later work perfectly, and angel of death......well not only did he not miss a beat, he at least doubled the length of the solo at the end...brilliant, just wished they would release another live album now he's back to his best.

He's great (as an influence to the SPEED Metal dudes, as already said here... his biggest influences are probably the double-bass at the end-part of ANGEL OF DEATH and his fast-as-hell beats and hits of NECROPHOBIC, for these reasons). But his soloing at The Modern Drummer 2000 was kinda... uhhh ehhr "flat...", very UNinspirational, I'd say... there's nothing more one could say after watching Colaiuta at the same fest... Dave's good but certainly NOT a god... he's NOT THAT fast anymore... the bar was up-raised way too high by many xtreme metal drummers of today.. just a FACT... lightning-fast double-bass work is no Dave's sole privilege anymore... although I still dig his attitude and the fact the he's never took any formal musical education and played everything by the ears... he was also great in SLAYER for songs like SEASONS IN THE ABYSS, SILENT SCREAM, MANDATORY SUICIDE, WAR ENSEMBLE and all of his fast SPEED(!) Metal material with the band... - as much as with FANTOMAS and TESTAMENT... great drummer, but certainly not a "Master". Just wanted you to know that I'm also an old SLAYER fanATIC... that kind of maniac who memorizes every single note and lyrics of every single song of the band... :p

p.s. Oh... and just to remind you... Dittohead is NOT Dave's song... it's a part of Paul Bostaph's EXCELLENT times in Slayer.. times of the excellent (drum-wise, and NOT just as such) DIVINE INTERVENTION, the HEAVY Diabolus In Musica and the violent God Hates Us All. They both (Dave-&-Paul) are highly ranked in my personal Metal book.

- Ivo

Last edited:
Back