R.I.P Micheal Jackson

SharkyBait911

I just a thread to pay our respects to a legend and a true brilliant musician, there is some rumours of his child abuse etc but everyone is entitled to there opinion but there is no argument that he was a great musician !

Thanks,

There was another thread that evidently got out of hand and I suppose was deleted.

I knew that thread was as good as gone the minute I saw it. I'm guessing this one will meet the same end eventually. Whatever, I think I'm kind of getting over the whole story anyway. If anything, his death has left me with a few days worth of great songs stuck in my head and a craving for some high-potency pain-killers.

He was a great musician. Any vocal teacher, composer, arranger or musician would tell that. He was extremely good dancer; yes, even compared to full-time proffesionals. And he was a composer- almost every hit he sung was his own composition and/or production.

R.I.P.

Not saying he didn't have musical talent, he obviously did. But, did he actually play any instruments? Or was it just singing and dancing? I can't ever remember seeing him play anything.

Not saying he didn't have musical talent, he obviously did. But, did he actually play any instruments? Or was it just singing and dancing? I can't ever remember seeing him play anything.

Dude the voice IS an instrument!

I believe he was able to play a number of instruments to at least a functional degree - piano, drums - for writing purposes. If he didn't have a natural ability on the drums, i'm a monkey's uncle.

I remember once performing with a symphony orchestra on tour and the first night the singers were told that this bus was for musicians and the other for everyone else. Of course, all the singers had a fit since they were not on the musicians bus.

The bang you over the head with all this Michael Jackson stuff about how he was all that. But with all the hoopla and endless publicizing of Michael Jackson and people saying that he was the best ever and such a pioneer don't forget how great of a performer, songwriter, dancer, singer and publicity mogul he really was. People will be talking about the music and the controversy and what it all meant for a very long time.

Not only will he be remembered for his music and dancing, but look what he did for Africa and places/people who needed help.

I watched the ceremony this afternoon on television. Brooke Shields made me truly believe he was a magnificent person, just the way she emotionally spoke about him.

Al Sharpton's quote was my favorite of the day, and actually one of the better quotes i've ever heard. He said to Michael's children, "Wasn't nothin' strange about your daddy... What was strange was what he had to deal with."

I just love it because it's so true.

He was a musical force on par w/ any of the greats you can name. That man really knew how to convey an emotion. I hope he is at peace finally, he gave us so much.

Time
Posted Wed Jul 8, 2009 11:47am PDT by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Michael Jackson has three of the five best-selling albums in the U.S. for the second week in a row. Number Ones sold 339,000 copies this week and would have held at #1 on The Billboard 200 if catalog albums were eligible to compete on that chart. (The 2003 compilation sold a little more than twice as many copies this week as NOW 31, the album that holds the #1 spot.) Thriller sold 187,000 copies and would have jumped from #3 to #2 if catalog albums were invited to the party. The Essential Michael Jackson sold 125,000 copies and would have dropped from #2 to #5. Jackson's catalog of solo albums sold 800,000 copies this week, up from 422,000 copies last week.

Imagine having a singer fronting your band who had his singing and dancing abilities, his funkiness, his songwriting, choreography and vision.

As Larry said, MJ was a musical force; he was at least as good a stage performer as any before or since. It's a shame that only now they are showing all those awesome live performances on TV. It's ironic that people are buying his music in droves now, which would have bailed him out of his financial problems that drove him to organise some major tours when he was clearly too unwell to do and it seems the pressure was a contributing factor is his death.

I suspect his health was such that his best work was behind him and I also suspect that, if he'd carried, he still would have been capable of wowing the crowds and CD buyers.

Not only will he be remembered for his music and dancing, but look what he did for Africa and places/people who needed help.

I watched the ceremony this afternoon on television. Brooke Shields made me truly believe he was a magnificent person, just the way she emotionally spoke about him.

Al Sharpton's quote was my favorite of the day, and actually one of the better quotes i've ever heard. He said to Michael's children, "Wasn't nothin' strange about your daddy... What was strange was what he had to deal with."

I just love it because it's so true.

Nothing strange about your daddy?? Yeah I guess the truth could hurt eh, Kinda disturbing that you think it was so true though? If Al Sharpton told you that hanging your baby out of a window was good exercise for the baby would you believe him?

And the point is? He was a vocalist, like Robert Plant, Ian Gillan, Jim Morrisson. Their voice is their musical instrument.

I know he sang great. I'm just curious as to whether he played any other instruments or not. Thanks though, for giving me examples of other vocalists. Not sure I knew what that was otherwise.

I know he sang great. I'm just curious as to whether he played any other instruments or not. Thanks though, for giving me examples of other vocalists. Not sure I knew what that was otherwise.

He played congas in Jackson 5 at the very beggining. Also he had basic knowledge of piano.

He played congas in Jackson 5 at the very beggining. Also he had basic knowledge of piano.

As a songwriter, he had to have had at least a basic working knowledge of theory and composition. Jackson also had an amazing talent for arranging, for dance, for a bunch of other aspects of entertainment.

Usually, the greatest songwriters aren't virtuosic musicians, or even very good musicians. They leave it to musicians who have devoted their lives to mastering particular instruments to render their songs.

Back