Back in the Renown family

Doug Masters

Silver Member
I sold my Cherry Burst Renowns a few months ago to get the New Classics series with a 20" kick. However, I was never happy with the kick drum. I tried several different head combos but nothing worked. My wife knew I missed the Renowns so she suggested getting another Renown kit. This time I got Autumn Burst. 10", 12", 14", 22" with 14" snare. Man it feels good to sit behind this kit again. Heads are G2/G1, PC reverse dot on snare and EMAD on kick. This kit is going in the studio while I use my Yamaha MCAs (stacked in the corner in pic #2) to gig with.

Attachments

• ab1.jpg
    ab1.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 299
  • ab2.jpg
    ab2.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 263
  • ab3.jpg
    ab3.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 271
  • ab4.jpg
    ab4.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 267
Very nice looking set there brother. I can't believe the New Classics wouldn't work for you. We could have made a trade.

The renown must sound pretty good to get the studio pick over the MCANs although they're both great drums. I really like how you have the toms set up nice and close. Specs on cymbals?

By the way, a wife that suggests you buy drums??? Sign me up for one of those.

The renown must sound pretty good to get the studio pick over the MCANs although they're both great drums. I really like how you have the toms set up nice and close. Specs on cymbals?

Hats and crashes are A customs, Ride is a 20" K custom

By the way, a wife that suggests you buy drums??? Sign me up for one of those.

Sometimes I think its a dream man...

Very nice looking set there brother. I can't believe the New Classics wouldn't work for you. We could have made a trade.

It was just the 20" kick that bothered me. As Bob Gatzen says "if your not happy with the bass drum, you'll never be happy with the kit." My first thought was to just replace it with a 22" but the better half knew I missed the Renowns. She won :)

Absolutely gorgeous kit!! That's pretty much the kit and finish that I'd like to purchase this year at some point. But I think I'd like to get just the kick/tom shell pack and pick up a LM402 snare or something besides the Gretsch.

Would love to hear some audio clips or video if you have the capability. Sweeeet kit!!

Back