double bass placement problems

ZildjianMan1023

Silver Member
hello all, its been a while sicne ive posted a new thread here

anywho,

i recently purchased a double bass pedal.

i had to move my hi hat pretty much out of the way in order to use my new pedal

only problem is id like to be able to play my hi hat.

so, does anyone have a way to keep the legs from getting in the way of my pedal?

basically, i would like to have the legs folded up against the stand and somehow mounted alongside the pedal

any ideas?

yea i defiantly have the same problem im gunna buy a two legged hihat stand i would like to afford the dw 9000 hihat but i cant i think the best bang for your buck would be the pdp 800 series hihat stand with two legs

i dont know if those legs swivel but i dont think i would need them to swivel myself

gibralter also makes a no legged hihat stand but im not sure how well that holds up

anywho hope it helps

This a picture from years ago but it shows where the leg should go so both pedals are next to each other. Ideally a two-legged hihat stand would be a good idea but they aren't as sturdy as the three-legged stands.

DSC01541.jpg

This a picture from years ago but it shows where the leg should go so both pedals are next to each other. Ideally a two-legged hihat stand would be a good idea but they aren't as sturdy as the three-legged stands.

DSC01541.jpg

got it thanks,

ill try that out today see how it goes down

this is how i have mine because mine swivles the pedal can go either side i just like mine this way because it gets my hi hat closer

Attachments

• cropped dbp.jpg
    cropped dbp.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 10,821
the bottom picture is exactly how i have mine set up. I have seen the hihat pedal closer and the outside bass pedal configuration, and probably would fit my playing better, but i just havent spent the time doing that. i should

its good dosent need too much adjusting. would like a better pedal for it though :(

pearl eliminator grrrr

Why what was the problem Zildjianman? Can your legs swivel round? If so, the leg in the right of the picture put it behind the left double pedal, then the other leg of the hihat stand should rest to the left of the foot pedal.

Or if not get a two-legged stand if poss;

DSC00545.jpg

I'm on a posting roll today, double stroke.

Here's a redundant picture to stress that you don't need a 2-legger.

Attachments

• Small Pic 4.JPG
    Small Pic 4.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 4,658
  • IMG_0069 (2).JPG
    IMG_0069 (2).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 4,601
Last edited:
Why what was the problem Zildjianman? Can your legs swivel round? If so, the leg in the right of the picture put it behind the left double pedal, then the other leg of the hihat stand should rest to the left of the foot pedal.

Or if not get a two-legged stand if poss;

DSC00545.jpg

im still using some of my old hardware from my stagestar

and i believe everything is slightly downsized because of the make up of the kit?

but im not sure what the problem is... i know what i have to do to get the pedals next to eachother but the leg from the hi hat stand actually hits the slave from my db; it wont clear it at all

Back