Best pedal- Cheapest price

RyanA7X

Hello,
I am hoping to purchase a new drum kit (Ddrum Death Punx double bass kit) and reviews have said that the pedals that come with the kit are terrible.
Would any one be able to recommend a single bass pedal that has the best quality for the lowest price?
If so that would be a great help,
Ryan.H

the sonor base pedal (300 series?) is the best $50 pedal i have ever played. next i would say the strap drive Yamaha, but it's not exactly cheap. i think $100+

I've only owned a couple of pedals, so my comment might not be worth that much but...

I've owned a Dixon, a Pulse, a DW, and Pearl pedals. All borderline entry-level.

I can't remember the exacts on the Pulse/Dixon pedals, but the Pulse pedal was amazing. I think the DW was the priciest pedal I've had which was 220$? I think. Considering it's a double-pedal it was a good deal.

The Pearl pedal is a P900 I think, that I snagged on Guitar Centers used section for like 30$. Originally I bought it just to see how Pearls entry level pedals are and almost instantly I fell in love with it. Eventually replaced my 3000's with p900's

Probably the only one that would take P900's over DW3000's but meh, to each his own I guess.

bottomline - I'd reccomend pearls p900s

To be honest, if the kit comes with pedals, the kit itself probably isn't that great. Also, try pedals out for yourself, I don't have your feet. But since you asked, buying new, guitar center has DW 5000 single pedals for $150.

+1 for the Pearl Eliminator. It's not as expensive as some of the other pedals mentioned and you can make it play pretty much however you want, what with all the adjustable features. It's built tough too, so it can survive a nuclear holocaust. The cheaper version (900 series) isn't half bad either, if less money is better here.

I'll put my current pick. Yamaha FP8500B about $99.00

A simple, lightweight pedal with a smooth, belt drive system.

I've only owned a couple of pedals, so my comment might not be worth that much but...

I've owned a Dixon, a Pulse, a DW, and Pearl pedals. All borderline entry-level.

I can't remember the exacts on the Pulse/Dixon pedals, but the Pulse pedal was amazing. I think the DW was the priciest pedal I've had which was 220$? I think. Considering it's a double-pedal it was a good deal.

The Pearl pedal is a P900 I think, that I snagged on Guitar Centers used section for like 30$. Originally I bought it just to see how Pearls entry level pedals are and almost instantly I fell in love with it. Eventually replaced my 3000's with p900's

Probably the only one that would take P900's over DW3000's but meh, to each his own I guess.

bottomline - I'd reccomend pearls p900s

+1

p902's give you feedback that you don't get from uber smooth pedals, I think I actually play better and am willing to put more effort in with them.

I've been thinking about replacing my demon drives for something chain driven and I'm trying to find reason to justify the eliminator over the 902 but the 902's do everything I could ask.

Iron cobra jr. Should be on your short list too.

Ryan I see that you are 13. First I would buy a used kit for less than the PUNX and use the other money for decent pedals. In 2 years you will be wanting to get rid of the PUNX anyway. Lots of drums, but not a lot of quality

The DW 3000 is a really good lower end pedal.
If you need a budget cheaper than that, go for the DW 2000s.

The DW 2000s are like 180 for a double pedal. Should be around that for two singles. They're very sturdy. Only negative to them is they are single chain driven, but I was really tough on mine and they never let me down. There's also a lack of adjustment, which was no problem for me because I always just loosen my spring tension as low as possible and I'm good to go.

Tama Camco. New or vintage, those pedals are awesome.

You can get the singles used at guitarcenter.com for about $30 each... there's also an Ebay listing I saw today for two singles for $45 each.

Been looking for the the double pedal Camco and not having any luck. :( So I'll be getting the Eliminator pedal instead.

Tama HP30 i think the model is. Cheapest one they make. Same mechanism as the iron cobra jr but without the solid base. Or iron cobra jr. both are great pedals that feel so comfortable that you stop thinking about it and can just play what comes to your mind.

Iron cobra jr. Should be on your short list too.

I have to second this recommendation. I have not tried many pedals, and they're generally not something I notice unless I dislike a pedal. I got my nephew an Iron Cobra Jr., and the second I tried it, I went and ordered one for myself. Smooth, powerful, sets up in a flash ... what else do you need ?

Picked up an Iron Cobra single hp900p for $115 Canadian today. So much better than the $50 Mapex that I originally bought when I got my kit, just to 'see' if I was gonna be serious about drums. And this pedal feels like a serious pedal, so no more 'pedal shopping' for a while! I did try a DW3000 for about a week but it was kinda heavy, and no toe stop, which is a factor I seem to need, or like. The IC was only $10 more than the DW anyway.

Ryan I see that you are 13. First I would buy a used kit for less than the PUNX and use the other money for decent pedals. In 2 years you will be wanting to get rid of the PUNX anyway. Lots of drums, but not a lot of quality

very sage advice here. That Ddrum kit is firewood, search your local Craigslist for deals, they ARE out there.

F

I love my Pearl Eliminator that my buddy who quit drumming gave to me. I didn't reallize such a powerful pedal was so cheap! The coolest feature on the eliminator is that the beater has 4 sides - very easy to get diversity!!

Another vote here for the Pearl 900's. Probably the best value pedal out there. Although I would also try Pearl's new Demonator pedal. I've used the 900's and can say they're great, but I have yet to try the Demonators.

I really love the Iron Cobra HP900 (single, chain drive, power glide) that I got yesterday for $115 Canadian.

Back