Looking for a new pedal

VictimIsYourName

Hello I am new to the forum. I just need some possible advice on something.

I have about $500 to spend on a double bass pedal. I play left handed so specialized pedals are sort of hard to come by. I want to know what you guys think I should go with. The regular Axis pedals since I can't find longboards, Demon Drives I hear you can switch them around for a lefty setup, or the DW 9002s?

I kind of want to go with direct drive. I used to own a pair of top dollar Pearl Eliminators. They were ok.

Thanks.

I have about $500 to spend on a double bass pedal. I play left handed so specialized pedals are sort of hard to come by. I want to know what you guys think I should go with. The regular Axis pedals since I can't find longboards, Demon Drives I hear you can switch them around for a lefty setup, or the DW 9002s?

I kind of want to go with direct drive. I used to own a pair of top dollar Pearl Eliminators. They were ok.

Thanks.
If you're going direct drive then I would go Axis if Trick pedals are out of your budget. I'm not a direct drive user so I'm curious as to why you are opting for a pair.

Thanks yeah I was thinking AXIS. I had stopped drumming for awhile and sold my kit and gear to pay for rent. Then a few months ago I got a new kit and had little funds left to get a very cheap pedal. Went with a used sound percussion pedal. Worse decision ever lol

I would keep an eye out for used Trick pedals, maybe at reputable dealers so there's hopefully less chance of getting someone's abused gear. I can only asume though, that MF or GC, for example, give their trade ins a good look-over.

Thanks.

Pearl's Demon Drives are available for left-footed people. However, looking closely at them, it looks like you could purchase a right-footed one and switch it around. Perhaps one of our Pearl players here can elaborate? But even if you couldn't, all the expensive double pedals by the major manufacturers are available for lefty's.

I switched Speed Cobras from right to left. They aren't direct drive though, but they are long boards. The Demon looks like a very adjustable pedal. It will convert to a long board, I think. I watched a video of all the adjustments once, very cool pedal.

I switched from demon drives to dw9002's. I wouldn't recommend demon drives. Just get another eliminator if you liked that one - the dw's are a bit heavier.

I can't believe that in this day of technology someone hasn't come up with a pedal system that would include two pedals and a connecting shaft that one could configure, righty, lefty, using either pedal for either side. Ludwig, the perfect pedal to go with your new DIY drums.

Dang you lefties! I'm actually selling my Axis double, but it's the wrong direction for you. Make sure you get the A, not the X, model. X model doesn't have the adjustable cam setting, which is probably the best feature of these pedals.

Awesome find but these are the X not the As so I am not sure If I should go for it.

http://www.interstatemusic.com/103104-Axis-Longboards-X-Double-Pedal-Lefty-XL2L.aspx

They are also listing the lefty A21 laser double pedal (a-series) ...which is a really nice pedal...it is more expensive, but it does look like interstate is offering 15% off right now (for that price range)... So you could get that pedal for under $600, which is a good deal on the laser double.....

EDIT: 13% off coupon code = aka13 ..... brings price down to $582...

http://www.interstatemusic.com/3460...ass-Drum-Pedal-Left-Handed-Version-A212L.aspx

Last edited:
Try the Mapex Falcon, you can fit a direct drive unit to the pedals (optional cost)

mPI4L6wKFDPKKPGJ-K2VTDw.jpg

PF1000-Drives.jpg

Pearl's Demon Drives are available for left-footed people. However, looking closely at them, it looks like you could purchase a right-footed one and switch it around. Perhaps one of our Pearl players here can elaborate? But even if you couldn't, all the expensive double pedals by the major manufacturers are available for lefty's.

To convert a Demon Drive to lefty, the top half of the main pedal would have to be disassembled and reassembled backwards. The hoop clamp would also need to be moved from right to left. The slave pedal would also have to be switched, same as the main, but would also require switching the post from right to left on the footplate. Not really a big deal if you are mechanically inclined. If you aren't, just shop for a lefty model.

There is a used lefty set of Axis longboards at my local Guitar Center for a decent price. They seem to be in great shape, too. They will ship to any other store for free, I believe. You can PM me and I'll get you their number if you want to call and talk to a rep about them. I'm going in after work today to order some things, so I can take a closer look at them and verify their condition.

-EDIT-

I just gave them a call and unfortunately the pedals sold

:(

Last edited:
Look at the offset double pedal, picked mine up for $325 shipped to my door, I'm also a lefty.

Jim

I can't believe that in this day of technology someone hasn't come up with a pedal system that would include two pedals and a connecting shaft that one could configure, righty, lefty, using either pedal for either side.

HighWood Malleus pedal, modular design and manufacturing.

being an owner of axis a long boards and demon drives and have trying almost ALL of the other doubles id suggest the demon drives

best bang for your buck. long OR short board... dirrect drive... and will fit in ur budget..

they are sooooo smooth, hit hard and are FAST

Back