INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hi all!
My name is Philip,

Age?
How long have you been playing?
I started when I was 13 but did not do much between 25 and 40.
Your favourite drummers?
Elvin Jones, Billy Cobham, Steward Copeland, Carlton Barret, Jojo Mayer, Zigaboo Modeliste, Dennis Chambers, to name a few.
Make of drumkit?
I just bought a 5 pc. Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (black to cherry fade) a few weeks ago.
I already had some snares and Pearl hardware.
Make of cymbal?
All if good sounding. Now I use Sabian HH and HHX, Zildjian K and A custom and Paiste Signature.
Where do you practice?
In a practice room / bunker.
Are you in a band?
Yes, just starting out with a new band after playing in a funk band for a couple of years.
Do you play covers or originals?
We started with playing a lot of covers to see where that leads us.
What style of music?
Diverse: pop, (hard)rock, ska, reggae, …
Favourite take out food?
Thai
What country do you live in?
Holland
One really odd fact about yourself?
I also like to play the guitar...
How did you start drumming?
A friend of my parents had a drumkit in his basement and I always sneaked down below.
It had a magnetic force on me so to speak.

Great to be here.
Thanks for having me!

Real name? -Jestin
Age?-24
How long have you been playing? -7 years
Origin of user name?- My drumset is a tama rockstar and my band's name is Forbidden Relics
Your top 5 drummers?
Joey Jordison, Mike Portnoy, Jimmy 'the rev' Sullivan, Jordan Mancino, Chris Adler
Make of drumkit?
TAMA
Make of cymbal?
Zildjian/Sabian
Where do you practice?
Music Garage
Are you in a band?
Yes
Originals
What style of music?
METAL
Favourite take out food?
Chinese/Japanese
USA
I'm a Indian, Christian drummer that loves metal
On the drumset--Concert band during High School
Always loved drums since I set my eyes on them -- when I was 3

Hey, I'm a young drummer from the UK

I'm Raj, 18 years old, I'm in a band: www.soundcloud.com/notbydesign

Have a listen see what you think! I'm also going to start doing some drum remixes, my first two being paris and HAM by Jay-Z and Kanye which I'm recording next week and kinda nervous about cos' I havn't done anything like that before!

Don't hate me for saying it but my idol would have to be Travis Barker!

If you dig the band then give us a like on facebook? www.facebook.com/NBD.UK

We've got more songs on the way!

Send us some links if you want me to check out some of your stuff too :)

Hello there people!

My name is Wiktor and I'm from Poland. I'm 19 years old and started playing drums at the age of 16 so there will be 3 years in december since I've touched my first kit.

I've been learning all by myself from YouTube and places like this. My parents never supported me in playing drums because it's expensive and they said I will never make money of it. Maybe I won't - but I just love drumming. I have cheap CB drums with Gibraltar 3311DB twin, wuhan 14" china and Alchemy A.R.T 16" crash and some weird no-name ride added... the only kit i could afford. It doesn't sound neither terrible nor good. It's sure enough for me.

I love music. At first I tried to play guitar but I decided it's not for me - when my fingers don't do the job on the guitar's neck I want to smash the guitar against the wall. When I am unable to do something on drums I just take a deep breath and keep practicing. I would like to learn some piano in the future too.

I'm a metal fan and I admire extreme metal drummers. My biggest idol is late drummer of Decapitated: Vitek (RIP). Next one is Gene Hoglan and Inferno from Behemoth right behind. But as you can see on my avatar I like almost every kind of music and I try to develop as well in blasting and rolling with double bass as in smooth, slow playing with your drumsticks low above the drumhead. Long way to go but so far I'm not going to give up :p

Had a band, we fell apart, I'm now looking for some rock or metal band to fill.

Once again: hello! :D

Hey what's up!

I've posted here before a few months ago, and have been visiting this forum for quite a few years already, although I totally forgot to introduce myself! My name is Aaron, I'm 21, I live in Pennsylvania in the good old USA, and I've been into drums pretty much since I was less than a year old! xD

I used to have toy drums until I learned some snare stuff in elementary school when I'd take saxophone lessons. When I got to middle school I'd teach myself to play using the kit in the band room, but my family would never let me have my own drums because they hated the loud sound. Nevertheless, I was able to learn the basics on my own without ever taking lessons, and would casually teach myself all throughout highschool. When I was 18 I really started getting obsessed with drums as a result of my OCD, and begged my step brother who lives a few hours away to let me borrow his kit. The following year I was able to get a job that paid well enough for me to afford my own stuff so every few weeks I would slowly begin sneaking the shells, cymbals, and equipment, and everything that I needed to form my ideal setup.

The obsession amplified over the past few years to the point where I practically eat, sleep, and breathe drums. Ideas for songs come into my head seemingly from nowhere, and often times at work I find myself tapping nonstop, doing rudiments on surfaces, practicing flying fingers in the air, and whatnot. I really enjoy nothing else than coming home and sitting down and just playing. I simply just love it, and although I'm going to college part time for engineering and enjoy that too, someday I wish to make a career out of drumming. I just absolutely love playing any style, and although I can't exactly say anyone influences me in particular--the world around me tends to throw ideas my way seemingly out of nowhere. I would literally play all day every day if given the chance, although living with three other people that dislike when I play and having to work at Sears doesn't allow me to do that in the meantime! Someday, hopefully I'll be able to though!

Right now I'm really looking into forming a band with friends, and I'm working around the clock in my spare time writing guitar, bass, drum, and lyrical parts to songs. I have three other friends that are down for it--I just have to find the time (and the confidence) to jam with them and I feel like I'm procrastinating. It's weird because I feel inferior to basically every drummer I know, and always keep telling myself that I need to improve if I want to be a useful part of a band. I don't have any issues keeping time, grooving, reading music, or learning fast--but it's just this thought in my head that keeps insisting that I can improve, and that I'm not ready yet until I do. I promised my friends we'd start sometime this summer though, so hopefully things get rolling soon! ;)

I wish to share my ideas and record myself in due time! I find that watching myself play from recordings and catching on to any mistakes may actually help me too! I just want to keep doing what I love doing, and if I get somewhere with it someday, then I know I'd go full force and never stop!

But anyways, I feel that was probably a long enough introduction! Whew! Once I start talking, it's hard for me to stop, so that'll be all for now! It's always great talking to other drummers though! I don't have the chance to very often! Hey everyone! ^__^

Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself

I started posting some stuff on drummerworld and I just now realized that I haven't posted a proper introduction thread.

My name's Dave and I'm a drummer (no way! right?). I play in a couple of bands in the Dallas, Texas area that are in formation stages. Lots of writing and no gigging with them yet - but I had been in a band for the past 4 years that had been doing some light touring within Texas and Oklahoma and pretty solid gigging within Dallas. I've been playing percussion for about 12 years, and the drum set for about 10 years. I started playing the drum set in middle school jazz band (I'm sure there are a lot of you out there like me in that respect). I'm 24 now. Anyway, I didn't really start taking drumming seriously until about 6 years ago when I decided I'd like to join a band after finally discovering my love of hard rock, metal, and progressive music (yeah, really late bloomer. I know). Anyway, I've been playing seriously since then, working on anything to get me better.

I currently play 2 DW kits (though I've owned a couple of exports, a PDP FS kit, and even a vistalite kit in the past). I've got a finish-ply DW kit in black wrap from the late 90s with the black and silver DW badges that I lucked out on, and a DW Collectors series in Satin Natural to Oxblood Red fade. Both are gorgeous kits in their own way, and both sound great to my ear (or maybe that's just the DW marketing that has been put into my ear since I started taking drumming seriously? lol). I also own some percussion, a few latin instruments like Congas and cowbells and jam blocks and all that.

I love talking drums and learning about the history of the drum set and the companies that helped make an impact on the drumming world. My one complaint is it usually takes quite a long time to research some of the things that I'm interested in. I feel like there should be a wiki for just drum history or something! hah.

Anyway, I'll be around to talk. I'll leave you with some pictures of the drums that I've used throughout the last few years:

645_527623331895_2819590_n.jpg

3257_539805339055_8175418_n.jpg

21562_561650226725_1024478_n.jpg

155691_594432660465_208075_n.jpg

225191_639412011485_3033883_n.jpg

390831_724263069285_650365768_n.jpg

399897_724264496425_303381773_n.jpg

269550_664184507205_1926678_n.jpg

430972_748934332875_1059464473_n.jpg

537742_803619303755_832834995_n.jpg

540474_820475074655_972051868_n.jpg

And a couple pics of me playing
18662_562981868105_5276697_n.jpg

250715_821453698485_2056007427_n.jpg

Anyway, I hope to talk with you all at some point in the future. Have a good one,

Dave

Re: Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself

Welcome to the forum, Dave...... GROHL?!?!?!?!

Nah, just kidding. Welcome! I love the last picture you posted (the one with you playing).
Nice A Customs btw - cymbal number 5 in the first picture, is that a small crash or a huge splash? Just curious.

Cheers!
/Arvid

Re: Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself

Welcome to the forum, Dave...... GROHL?!?!?!?!

Nah, just kidding. Welcome! I love the last picture you posted (the one with you playing).
Nice A Customs btw - cymbal number 5 in the first picture, is that a small crash or a huge splash? Just curious.

Cheers!
/Arvid

Hah, yeah, if I'm ever mentioned in the same breath as Dave Grohl I'll consider my drumming a success, lol.

In the first pic, that's a while back, it's a 14" Fast Crash. I still use it occasionally, like when I want a gratuitously large kit (like the double kick drum mock up I posted, lol), or in smaller setups/venues.

Real name?
Donald

Age?
Too Old. LOL 41

How long have you been playing?
Since 1980. I have quit a few times but my recent comeback has been my favorite.

Origin of user name?
Long drunken story. Donald Duck morphed into DucksusCrapus back in 1990.

Your top 5 drummers?
Steve Smith, Neil Peart, Dennis Chambers, Tommy Lee, Buddy Rich

Make of drumkit?
Just recently moved to a TAMA Superstar Hyper-Drive EFX

Make of cymbal?
Sabain, Ziljian, and Wuhan.....I am not loyal to any cymbal brand.

Where do you practice?
Music room in my house

Are you in a band?
Just now starting a new recording project.

Hate playing covers, working on originals only.

What style of music?
I love many styles of music, but seem to gravitate to harder rock/metal, punk and alternative.

Favourite take out food?
Hmmm...not sure why this question is on here, but I would say White Castle, but that is only because there isn't one close by. LOL

USA

I'm odd...

Saw a classmate play drums in the 5th grade talent show. Got hooked and have been doing it most my life since

Was big in rudimental drumming for many years. Love marching percussion and drum corps. Love talking drums and playing. My first love has always been cars. Drag racing and building hot rods are my thing.

Thanks,
DC

How long have you been playing: About 11 years

Origin of user name: It's an old internet nickname

Your top 5 drummers: Danny Carey, Jon Theodore, Deantoni Parks, John Bonham & Chad Smith

Make of drum kit: Pearl World Series Fiberglass

Make of cymbal: Sabian, Istanbul & Paiste

Where do you practice: At rehearsal space

Are you in a band: Mojo Waves http://soundcloud.com/mojowaves

Do you play covers or originals: We've played one or two covers in our gigs but mostly we play originals

What style of music: Garagedelic rock

Favourite take out food: Hamburgers

What country do you live in: Finland

One really odd fact about yourself: I can't play any other instrument at all

How did you start drumming: The groove in music appealed to me so much that I wanted to try creating that effect myself

Last edited:
Vinícius Calegari from Brazil!

Hello guys! How are you?

My name is Vinícius Calegari, and i live in Brazil... i was born in São Paulo, and music always was in my heart... in a big city like SP, we are often near to music and musicians, and that's why i've been playng drums!

I love every style of music, and i study from the sweetest jazz to the most extreme metal.

It is a pleasure enter in this forum, and have the oportunity to talk to drummers all over the globe!

Soon i will show you pictures of my drum kit(Mapex Meridian Maple) and my cymbals(Meinl, Agean and Amedia)....

Thank's, and hope to see you soon!

ps: Sorry for my bad english ):

How long have you been playing: About 1 and a half years

Origin of user name: Initials plus birth year

Your top 5 drummers: Jason Costa, Chris Adler, Shannon Lucas, Mike Portnoy and The Rev

Make of drum kit: Yamaha DTX 500

Make of cymbal: Ummm same as kit. It's electrical

Where do you practice: At home

Are you in a band: No

Do you play covers or originals: I practice a combination I guess

What style of music: Metal

Favourite take out food: Hamburgers

What country do you live in: Just moved to England. Damn Military, I dare say I miss America already

One really odd fact about yourself: I'm obsessed with The Office. Love me Pam.

How did you start drumming: I listen to All That Remains religiously and Jason Costa amazed me to the point where I had to try it for myself.

UK Drummer/Guitarist

Hi,

I'm a drummer/Guitarist from the UK, have been playing in bands for about 15 years, my current setup is a stagg maple 4 piece shell pack with a 20" kick, Mapex double pedal, Zildjian/Paiste/Stagg cymbals and a pearl rack. The stagg stuff's not ideal but cost effective at the rate that I break stuff!

My band Near Death Experiment are taking a bit of a direction/line up change, currently we're a solid metalcore band with influences such as Lamb of god, Chimaira, Killswitch engage Atreyu etc but want to add more melodic and prog elements using influences from bands like Tool/Faith no more/Mudvayne etc, you can hear our current demo at http://www.facebook.com/NEARDEATHEXPERIMENT

I play guitar in the band and our old drummer Jamie has left, I'm filling in for now but would really rather get someone who's at least as good as him

Since doing the recording we've added a 2nd singer and are looking to really expand our sound by adding synths/samples/sub-drops etc along with extra percussion players.

Please check us out and let me know what you think.

PS sorry if i'm advertising in the wrong area, is there a classifieds section on here?

Thanks

Lewis

How long have you been playing: Just started.

Origin of user name: First letter of surname concatenated with my name.

Your top 5 drummers: Not enough in the drumming scene to get my top 5, but I like Cobus…

Make of drum kit: Alesis DM6 – Electric.

Where do you practice: Home.

Are you in a band: No.

Do you play covers or originals: Improvisation and covers.

What style of music: Almost anything, it depends on my mood.

What country do you live in: Malta – Small island in the Mediterranean, Europe.

How did you start drumming: Friends who got a band recommended it.

How long have you been playing: 20 years

Origin of user name: my online webzine

Your top 5 drummers: Bonham, Buddy, Zoro, Bozzio, Cobham

Make of drum kit: DW performance series

Where do you practice: rehearsal space

Are you in a band: yup - www.themitchellsband.com

Do you play covers or originals: originals

What style of music: groove oriented

What country do you live in: Canada

How did you start drumming: saw buddy rich and animal drum battle on the muppet show ... I was sold right there an then!!!

Hello all!

How long have you been playing: about 5

Origin of user name: other forums

Your top 5 drummers: Peart, Bonham, Akira Jimbo, Moon, Rich

Make of drum kit: - Custom made lit acrylic 6 piece
- Yamaha DtXtreme III Hex

Where do you practice: home/rehearsal space

Are you in a band: yuppers - www.dejabrewband.com and www.wildeyerose.com

Do you play covers or originals: covers & originals

What style of music: rock / celtic

What country do you live in: USA

How did you start drumming: The moment I realized, as a tot, that I could finger drum "wipe out" to a tee :p

Glad to be here!

How long have you been playing: 11 years

Origin of user name: other forums

Your top 5 drummers: Jojo Mayer, Tony Williams, Nick Mason, Mike Mangini, Chad Smith

Make of drum kit: PDP M5

Where do you practice: Wherever I can

Are you in a band: no, unless you count university ensembles

Do you play covers or originals: anything

What style of music: jazz, electronic, latin... again, I'll learn anything.

What country do you live in: USA

How did you start drumming: Saw Buddy Rich vs Animal on the Muppets. Didn't truly start until years later, but that was what spurred it.

whats up, im josh i live in Athens GA i have been playing since i was 13 im 36 now i play mostly hip hop drum n bass and electronic/dance/dubstep stuff. i play gretsch combined with a Roland td12 with triggers. i have also used the v drum brain with mesh practice heads with triggers via midi to trigger all the drum sounds in ableton my recent stuff has been with serkatree and also L.of8 both on soundcloud if you want to check it out also got some stuff produced on soundcloud as Girlz peace

Back