Show us your Four Piece Kits.

The thing about DMC's ironwood kit is; it somehow looks much bigger than the actual drum sizes. Maybe the hardware creates that illusion, I don't know. Maybe the sheer power of those freak shells somehow alter the perception...heh. :p

I'm with you Barry...I've lost interest in my 10" tom even though Frank created a *beautiful* drum and it sounds amazing...way beyond any 10 I've had so far. I don't feel like it has the low grumble that I prefer.

Well i'll still sing the praise of 10" toms :}

My 10" 9 ply bubinga tom sounds amazing in acoustic jazz situations in particular. Much bigger in sound, richer in tone and deeper sounding in pitch than any other 10" i've heard and at mid level pitch tuning sings a wonderful clear open note voice into the general character of the overall open tuning of the complete jazz kit for the music I perform and record.

My 4-pieces Export, unwrapped and stained, late-80's model, pretty good sound but not much volume.

Attachments

• 2715094080.jpg
    2715094080.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 6,139
...I love this kit.

My only question is, did you have to skin Elton John,or Cher to get the covering for your throne and stick bag ?

barry
I found this comment to be Rather ammusing. Are there any spandex pants to match?

...I love this kit.

My only question is, did you have to skin Elton John,or Cher to get the covering for your throne and stick bag ?

barry

HAHA! Elton John is deaf, dumb and blind so that would be cruel to take his clothes and Cher doesn't wear clothes. I found the fabric and took the bag and throne to a tailor, who sewed it all up for me. I am on the lookout for a leopard print rug now.

Here's My Four Piece

l_9af5162535a322492b6385b2be18dcb3.jpg

l_a287016d6fb1ad67b6439384b5c33022.jpg

It's a mini-hihat (two splashes). When I run a splash alone it's on the hihat side too.

oh cool!

what cymbals did you decide on ?

I decided on 14" AAX X-Celerator hi-hats and a 20" Vault V-ride to go with the 17" AA Fast crash I already own.

...just a few more days and they'll be MINE!!! ALL MINE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

haha sorry if you can't tell I'm very excited

Once again, here's my baby...

Hot damn caddy, those Luddies are gorgeous! Love the finish/sparkle/crushed glitter whatchamawhozits.

And I'm digging how Batera plays on beaches. I wish I could play on beaches...

...I am running out of things to say.

So many beautifull kits, so limited a vocabulary.

Caddy. Is that a Premier floor tom in the foreground ? Where is the rest of that kit ?

Once again, keep them coming.

Barry

my gear
cimg1579zz8.jpg

Well i'll still sing the praise of 10" toms :}

My 10" 9 ply bubinga tom sounds amazing in acoustic jazz situations in particular. Much bigger in sound, richer in tone and deeper sounding in pitch than any other 10" i've heard and at mid level pitch tuning sings a wonderful clear open note voice into the general character of the overall open tuning of the complete jazz kit for the music I perform and record.

...Stan, the nicest sounding 10" tom I ever played was my 10x9" Canwood.

When I had this kit, I played the 10, and 14" toms with a 13x5" snare. I sold these drums around six years ago, and since then, my taste has evolved to the warmer boomier sound that I get from the bigger toms.

maybe one day I will reaquire an appreciation for the smaller toms.

Zambizzi.

I joined the four by four club. When do I get the secret handshake ?

barry

Barry

...Stan, the nicest sounding 10" tom I ever played was my 10x9" Canwood.

When I had this kit, I played the 10, and 14" toms with a 13x5" snare. I sold these drums around six years ago, and since then, my taste has evolved to the warmer boomier sound that I get from the bigger toms.

maybe one day I will reaquire an appreciation for the smaller toms.

Zambizzi.

I joined the four by four club. When do I get the secret handshake ?

barry

Barry

I'll bet that 10" Canwood beauty sang a very happy tune Barry:} Still have my old Canwood kit.

It's just a personal preference kind of thing when it comes to certain size drums for me at the moment based on what I hear in the music with other instruments. Right now the character and voice of my 10"x8" bubinga tom just fits the mix in the acoustic music I play in a unique sort of way. Up till recently i've always stayed with primarily a 12" tom only in my jazz setup. The 10" is just something my ear is enjoying at present adding a new color that seems to fit very nicely in the overall blend both live or in the studio.

P.S. Zambizzi will PM you the secret handshake :}

Yes, we'll go over the secret handshake (in secret, naturally). You won't get your funny fez hat for a while though.

...and here once again is my gig kit.

18x16, 15x13, 13x9, 14x6 edge snare. 20" Manhattan ride, 18" el sabor, 17" hhxtreme, 16" hh thin crashes, 14" hh dark hats.

Barry

Last edited:
Back