My kit(s)?

CountHavoc

Im kinda embarresed to show these pic's,but i will anyway.Im what u might call a "budget" drummer.The kit's themselve's consist of an old Maxtone bass,snare(which i sanded & stripped)& floor tom,plus a DXP(anyone heard of this brand?)bass,x2 toms plus floor tom.Added new pedal's(DXP),cymbal's(Paiste 502's)Remo & Evan's head's.I play mostly hard rock/metal & it all seems to suit my purpose's.Due to current legal issue's,i cant post any of the music that i've done with this set-up,but im currently with another band & working on a second album with them.
http://www.myspace.com/confessionboxmusic
Although i didnt play on the first album,i am working as there new touring drummer & am adding my own touches to their music.
Let me know what u think(try not to laugh too much at my kit)LOL

Attachments

• Mick's set up 2.jpg
    Mick's set up 2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 676
  • Mick's set up(DXP,Remo,Evan's head's,Paiste PS5,Meinal cymbal's) 2.jpg
    Mick's set up(DXP,Remo,Evan's head's,Paiste PS5,Meinal cymbal's) 2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 684
You kit is nothing to be embarrassed about, as far as I'm concerned. How you play is more important than what you play. Plus, you're gigging with a couple bands, doing some recording...and while your hauling that kit around, you don't have to sweat it when it gets bumped around a little. Hey, it's all good.

Hey, whatever works. I have been there too. The kit in my user pic is half ludwig half pearl. i used that for about a year. It got the job done until i could get the rest of my ludwigs & 2002's!

Embarrassed? Man...if someone had bought me something like that when I was a kid, I would have been in heaven. I begged for drums and we simply couldn't afford them.

You're blessed to be able to play...whether it's on plastic tubs or "budget" drums.

I love the trippy snare head! What is that?

Embarrassed? Man...if someone had bought me something like that when I was a kid, I would have been in heaven. I begged for drums and we simply couldn't afford them.

You're blessed to be able to play...whether it's on plastic tubs or "budget" drums.

I love the trippy snare head! What is that?

Thanx for the comment's!!
Unfortunatly,im not a kid(in my 30's)& i've played kit's that were worth upward's of $10,000 & one's that ARE worse then mine,but i love my kit the way it is.Thanx for the positive comment's.
The snare head i got is called a rainbow reflector head.Made by DXP(i should be their spokesman,LOL)& it was all i could afford at the time,but it does the trick.
Any one check the link to Confession Box?
Any comment's as i've been brought in to "heavy" up their sound.

It's all good, if you enjoy it and it inspires you to play then it is the perfect kit.
rawk.gif

Go read the liner notes of the last Boston album and see what it says about the drum kit
wink.gif

Nothing wrong with that kit man, Love the double kick and the snare head is unique, I may have to find a couple of those, lol.

If you wanted too though, about 10 hours labor and very little cost you could refinish them and have a set that Looks custom. Strip the wrap, apply paint and glitter, some lacquer and you're good to go.

As some of the others have said already its all about the playing and that is whats important so in a few years time when your as famous as steve gadd etc you can tell your story that you didnt start off with an amazing kit you concentrated on your playin !!!

hope that made sense lol

thanx,im waiting for everyone to start giving me heaps of crap for owning such a rubbish set!

Don't hold your breath. We don't do that sort of thing here, the kit is fine as long as you can play what you need to on it. I like the kicks. The recordings are great, sounds like something done in the l8 80s or something :p

I would be lying if I said I like the LOOKS of your kit. But on the recordings on the myspace they sound realy good. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. And thats the only thing that matters really. Who gives two shits about what it looks like? It sounds great.

We all gotta start somewhere. Personally I respect drummers who started out on crappy kits and had to "make do" more than a drummer who started on a good kit and never had to worry about Mcguyvering cymbal arms or trying to tune a kit 10 times just to make it sound like its worth a couple hundred dollars more lol.

I'm still rocking my Percussion Plus 5 pc and Meinl HCS combo and i probably will be for another year or so until the economy improves. But its still holding up great especially considering its been my "learning" kit and since it isn't top of the line I'm not as worried about keeping it immaculate, for instance when i was first learning to tune I would just take off the heads and retune them over and over for practice, which i'd have been more hesitant to do on a nice kit for fear of unnecessary damage.

No one can say your kit isn't one of a kind though :) and as long as it sounds good get as much use out of it as you can before you upgrade. Or you could always just rewrap the shells and screw a few DW or Tama badges on there :)

If you wanted too though, about 10 hours labor and very little cost you could refinish them and have a set that Looks custom. Strip the wrap, apply paint and glitter, some lacquer and you're good to go.

i agree completely.. you could make a not so beautiful kit, very beautiful, very easily.

Back