Cowbell recommendations for LP Gajate bracket?

Jorge89

I just bought an LP Gajate bracket & am trying to find a cowbell for it. I bought a 5 3/4 inch cha-cha cowbell which I'm going to return because I know it is too high pitched and I want something lower and flatter (from front to back or top to bottom, however you look at it) What cowbells do you recommend. All the pro's seem to use the LP salsa series stuff but I dont know what specifically. I want something low pitched but that will not make my snares be heard.

Thanks.

I just bought an LP Gajate bracket & am trying to find a cowbell for it. I bought a 5 3/4 inch cha-cha cowbell which I'm going to return because I know it is too high pitched and I want something lower and flatter (from front to back or top to bottom, however you look at it) What cowbells do you recommend. All the pro's seem to use the LP salsa series stuff but I dont know what specifically. I want something low pitched but that will not make my snares be heard.

Thanks.

I have used lots of things with foot percussion. The LP Ridge Rider cowbells are good but also try Jam Blocks and tambourines.

I have had a number of LP cowbells over the years and they are nice instruments. However, for something special, check out the metal percussion instruments Pete Engelhart creates:

http://www.peteengelhart.com/index.html

These are highly sought after by percussion's elite and those in the know. You can work with Pete to produce a cowbell with exactly the characteristics you are looking for.

GJS

I have 2 Toca cow bells, a white 8" mounted near my high hats that I use with my sticks and a black 10" I have mounted on a pedal bracket, for the price I have no problems recomending the Toca products.

On my Gajate, I sometimes mount an LP Salsa Bell. I switch it off with a Jam Block.

I went to a local farm store, Atwoods, and bought 3 cowbells 6",8" & 10") for less that $20. I had to remove the clappers (they are for cows, silly) and reinforce the rear brackets but they work fine. You would have to have mounting U-clamp to use them on your Gajate and I would recommend a wooden beater.

Last edited:
I use the LP Mambo cowbell for mostly everything - think of it as a larger Black Beauty cowbell, a little flatter and longer. The bass drum beater needed no height adjustment, and the mambo bell has a good deep pitch that doesn't ring like the Salsa bells (I have a big one of those too, but because of the ring, I can't use it on everything, so I have both).

Back