Billy Ward here!

Hi Billy!
I'm Mirkko DeMaio, we meet the last year at Frankfurt,i was in the ROLL drumsticks factory from Italy(d u remember the shaker mallets and the jingle sticks???)
I want to thank u for the DVD,i've learned so much important stuff from it,for ex,to sing (in silence when u're in studio!) the tempos and melody in my head.
Thanks very much again!

http://www.myspace.com/xxletalpoisonxx

l_fb191cbc2af013e0687f2b308aa691a0.jpg

Hi Billy!
I'm Mirkko DeMaio, we meet the last year at Frankfurt,i was in the ROLL drumsticks factory from Italy(d u remember the shaker mallets and the jingle sticks???)
I want to thank u for the DVD,i've learned so much important stuff from it,for ex,to sing (in silence when u're in studio!) the tempos and melody in my head.
Thanks very much again!

http://www.myspace.com/xxletalpoisonxx

l_fb191cbc2af013e0687f2b308aa691a0.jpg

Thanks Mirkko! Great to hear from you! your shaker mallet sticks are on the floor at my studio as we speak! I am still using those! You were one of the many pals I was missing when I didn't attend the Musikmesse this year. Hopefully next year I'll see you at the show! Thanks again for the compliment!

And Bernhard - thanks as always for you friendship and support. I think this year's show will be pretty amazing. It will be a thrill to meet all of the drummers that I don't yet know. Simon, of course, is awesome! Getting to play something completely different (with my trio) than what I usually do will be a ton of fun as well! it looks like I'm going to be the "jazzy guy" at the show this year. :D

What an absolutely wonderful guy Billy is and what a great weekend at the show, Billy is a true master on the kit and got a much deserved standing ovation after his clinic. The master class was a treat to be in and the passion for playing and teaching Billy has is addicting, also met many wonderful people from Billy's forum.

Great job BW.

Thank you!!

Hey - Hope you are all doing well! Can anyone tell me about this "become a friend" stuff? I just agreed to being a friend to two people here, but honestly have no idea what that is in drummerworld/internet-world.
????

thanks!

Hey - Hope you are all doing well! Can anyone tell me about this "become a friend" stuff? I just agreed to being a friend to two people here, but honestly have no idea what that is in drummerworld/internet-world.
????

thanks!

Hi Billy

Good to hear from you!!

Yes, this friend feature came with the big update of v-bulletin to version 3.7.

You find it in the CP (Control-Panel) above left or also in the Quick Links section above middle right. The new features i give a try are:
Contacts & friends - Social Groups (i gave the Ludwig Club a try) and Pictures & Albums.

Just fun....hopefully

Bernhard

Billy, you really do take drumming to the artistic level. Breaking down the things you don't generally talk about when it comes to music, however explaining characteristics and qualities of drumming that are transcendant and metaphysical with clarity and in an understandable way. Thanks a lot for all you're contributions to the drumming world and welcome to the forum!

Breaking down the things you don't generally talk about when it comes to music, however explaining characteristics and qualities of drumming that are transcendant and metaphysical with clarity and in an understandable way.

I THINK I followed that! :) Clearly though, thanks are in order - Thank You!!!

As soon as the Modern Drum Festival closes, I will be introducing a fun "competition" for drummers in these various forums and hope it leads to some cool experiences for the participants.

thanks!

????

thanks!
Just to clarify Billy; when someone fat and unattractive targets you as a friend you have to send them lots of money to leave you alone...be my friend Billy?? Please???....keep up the great work bro, you're one of the most respected out there, all the best, Big Jon

Jon - Ok. Walk me through - Where do I go to do this? I don't think I said "no" to you, did I?
So make the request and anyone else go for it if you wish - when I receive the notice, I will accept.
I'm sorry to be so slow at t his - I thought having my own website where I write and answer and hang out everyday would be cool.. but I guess it's not enough. I'm in! Hit me with your rhythm stick!

this is amazingly cool that billy ward is on these forums, id just like to say your one of my inspirations.

Thanks Blink - but this is really a great forum!
Drummersworld has a more international feel to it than some others and it clearly is run by someone who has no ulterior motives, so I am always thrilled to come by and check out some posts! Sometimes I feel a negative here - but it is always simply that there are too many choices of where to roam - there are so many interesting threads at times, I run out of time with my reading! Here's to you Bernard - and Mr. Breath and all who contribute! :D

Billy, it was fantastic to meet you this weekend at MD Festival 2008. You are probably one of the funniest people on the bill at the festival! I found your performance to be truly inspiring. You had such finesse and styling playing the kit and I'm definitely gonna be ordering me some mallets with shakers in them!! And of course, Voices.

Shaker Dude was awesome too. He should come out and make appearances more often HAHAHA.

All the best Billy, see you again sometime soon. We're neighbors!

img1001.jpg

Dominick

If you ever come down to british columbia give me a shout haha, one of my favorite drummers. i loved your dvd.

Besides being a great drummer, I think Billy is a great communicator.On DVD and in person. One could learn much, just by listening to what he's saying.

Nice to see him out there...up there, with the rest of them.

Mirrko - I've been wanting to tell you how much I enjoy your shaker mallets! They are really great and VERY reliable. i don't think I've broken one since i got them and that was more than a year and a half ago!.. WOW!

And thanks guys... the MD Fest was an incredible blast!

Billy.....was great to hang a little bit this weekend.
You're an incredible player and person.
Look forward to doing it again sometime.....and keep in touch.

Cheers.
D.

Great performance on the 2008 MD festival. You just "killed" it.

Keep going "Shaker man" lol !!!

I do have one little question, what is your cymbals beneath your left side Constantinople and what is the meaning of it ???

For those of you who think I'm highly intelligent, do you see the water spill on my shirt? That was from removing my glasses while holding a bottle of water.
(the ol' "what time is it?" trick! Bwa ha ha ha!!!!

And Derek, loved meeting you and the wifey - look forward to an incredible hang down the road - whether here in NYC or your turf!

Billy

Wonderful job at MD Fest...SO musical and energetic..superb drumming, my man.

All the Best, see you at PASIC.

Back