Your Favorite Alcohol High

I've learned if you can ride through the bed spin, without puking of course, it stops. I just breathe heavy until it evens out .

Put one foot on the floor, it makes the room stop. I don't know why, but it does.

My favorite alcohol highs depends what mood and company I'm in.

Me myself and I: Scotch (Never understood why people hating on drinking by yourself, I used to do it once a month and it was lovely as long I had some great music/stand up to entertain myself with)
Me and my girl home watching a great movie: Red wine.Makes me feel warm and lovely inside.

Getting crazy the last night on a festival with big group of friends: White wine, for whatever reasons nothing gets me more wild and crazy. Had my best nights out with white wine and my only blackouts in my life.

Clubbing all night and have to keep the energy up to dance to 6 in the morning: Jack and Coke or even better Jägermeister and redbull!(It's makes you wild happy and energized)

Don't know what 8mile talking about, off course different liquors affect you differently. It's not only alcohol that affects the high, it's also other drugs like caffeine and herbal stuff that's in Absinthe and Jägermeister for example. Also very different if you build up your drunk under a period of 5 hours drinking beer or if you shotting tequila shots and get drunk in 5 minutes.(Hate tequila >_<)

These days I'm so boring and never really get to the point were I feel high. Mainly drink red wine and beers for the taste.

Not a social drinker... getting drunk or abstaining completely. But if I do drink, here's my preferences:

1. Margaritas, although I don't bother with tequila by itself
2. Wine
3. Kahlua
4. Beer, in between the others

Not the most manly tastes ever but who cares? Gets me where I want to be and tastes great. Anyone who drinks more masculine beverages just to prove something is lame... simply liking them is a different story, of course.

The wife and I have started having gin and tonics in the evening. Just one each, and we share the bit that's left in the cocktail shaker. It's a great way to start the evening off.

Speaking of gin and shakers, I do enjoy an extra dry martini. The real kind, with gin, of course. Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. And Noilly Prat dry vermouth. Three olives, stuffed with pimento or bleu cheese. Shaken OR stirred, both work for me.

Makers Mark Manhattan! cant drink too many though they are quite powerful if made correctly. I almost forgot you have to have the imported nicaraguan cigar with it.

Makers Mark Manhattan! cant drink too many though they are quite powerful if made correctly. I almost forgot you have to have the imported nicaraguan cigar with it.

For an absolutely "authentic" Manhattan, I use rye, specifically Bulleit 95% rye. Can't be beat.

I primarily drink beer; I drink quite a bit of beer, and I usually go for something different as much as I can. I visit Sam Adams every Monday when I'm not working ("church"), and I have a hghschool friend that works at a bar around here with 112 on draught, whom I'll visit after church. He hooks me up with beers, and they're usually pretty damn good. I've probably had close to 200 different beers in the last year.

I prefer bourbon, and I love a good Manhattan. I always have a bottle of the Macallan; I'm not really into the overly peaty, smoky scotches.

I like everything but I'm particularly into cocktails these days (I even have a blog on the subject that I haven't updated for a while).

Consequently variety is the thing I like, but there are certain perennial favourites...a Negroni takes some beating. Maybe it's the bitterness but Campari just seems like it's good for me! I've heard people say similar things about Fernet Branca so it could be true.

I also enjoy fortified wines quite a bit at the moment...vermouth, sherry, port...and vintage cocktail recipes containing them like the Sherry Cobbler, the Hearst and the Martinez. Not to mention other old-fashioned mixed drinks like the Sazerac and the Old Fashioned itself. I'm a bit of a cocktail scholar so always on the lookout for new recipes, or old long-forgotten ones.

And if at a cocktail party, I can work my way through the entire list whilst at the same time turning up my nose at how unmanly the whole concept is and ordering a beer chaser in order to add some extra testosterone.

I've never been much concerned with manliness, but it always amuses me to drink (and enjoy) things that other people find intolerable...this could be ale if they're lager drinkers, a dry Martini if they're Pina Colada drinkers, or even Campari if they're gin drinkers. Or absinthe, green chartreuse, or any of the foul herbal concoctions so popular in continental Europe.

Actually, if you're after a manly cocktail, one of my favourites is the Chancellor:

2 measures scotch (something nice and peaty is best)
1 measure ruby port
1/2 measure dry vermouth
Orange bitters

Not a drink that most people will be able to stomach in my experience, so ideal for chest-beating displays of male dominance in the drinks world, if you can find a way to hold a cocktail glass without looking silly. But, James Bond manages. Speaking of whom, the above recipe should be stirred. No shaking permitted.

For an absolutely "authentic" Manhattan, I use rye, specifically Bulleit 95% rye. Can't be beat.

Never a truer word was spoken...it's a constant source of annoyance to me that you can't get the damn stuff in a supermarket in the UK. Comprehensive selection of scotch, yes...a few Irish whiskies, yes...four or five different bourbons, yes, but no rye! And I don't want to pay extortionate delivery charges to buy it online.

The wife and I have started having gin and tonics in the evening. Just one each, and we share the bit that's left in the cocktail shaker. It's a great way to start the evening off.

Jay failed to mention that his cocktail shakers are 5 gallon buckets.

Originally Posted by con struct

Never a truer word was spoken...it's a constant source of annoyance to me that you can't get the damn stuff in a supermarket in the UK. Comprehensive selection of scotch, yes...a few Irish whiskies, yes...four or five different bourbons, yes, but no rye! And I don't want to pay extortionate delivery charges to buy it online.

A bottle of Bulleit rye from the Whiskey Exchange will cost you forty quid.

Send me your address, Ben, and I'll ship a bottle over to you.

Re: What is the your favorite alcohol high?

Favourite high? If I'm honest then I'll have to answer, all of 'em.

Beer. Only ever had two kinds....good and better. Bud doesn't count as no-one could seriously consider it beer.
Jack Daniels. Sipped neat from a glass if I'm refined. Swigged straight from the bottle if I'm not (and the missus is nowhere in sight) and sometimes with coke if the desire takes me.
Bourbon. If for some reason I can't get Jack.
Vodka tonic. No lemon or lime wedges....why do they do that? Talk about ruining a good drink.
Gin and tonic. If no vodka....again, sans lemon/lime.
Red wine. Either expensive or quaffer.....all the same to me.
I also have an expensive penchant for French champagne.
And if at a cocktail party, I can work my way through the entire list whilst at the same time turning up my nose at how unmanly the whole concept is and ordering a beer chaser in order to add some extra testosterone.
Never much cared for Scotch, but I often wonder that now I'm older I should try to aquire a taste for some of the well aged stuff.

Sorry for the essay......I guess you could say I'm partial to a tipple.

I'm inclined to agree with this man. I just drink anything I can get my hands on. except petrol, benzene, etc...
'never again!' is quite frequently mumbled the next morning along with violent cursing but to no avail. and the orange juice in the fridge disappears...

#1) Vodka & Ginger Ale w/lime. My Grandfather's drink. It reminds me of him, and I actually like the taste.

#2) Beer. Anything BUT Coors Light. I'd lean towards Canadian Beer or Amstel first. But after that ... Beer is beer.

#3) Southern Comfort & Egg Nog. (Ok, this is just a Christmas Holiday Season treat.)

Back