Now THAT is a bass drum port...

... That thing makes me sweat. It certainly looks like it should be epic!

Hah! That thing looks like fun. I'd like to see one on a 26"/28" kick. If it really boosts low end then I'll bet it'd be great for live Hip-Hop drummers.

Me no like that thing.

I would be afraid that the sound would be trapped behind the head on its way out the front. And like any port isn't the dead middle the worst place to put one. I will tell you this The KickPort works. Installed one on my Gretsch, see avatar, and it booms.

I would be afraid that the sound would be trapped behind the head on its way out the front. And like any port isn't the dead middle the worst place to put one. I will tell you this The KickPort works. Installed one on my Gretsch, see avatar, and it booms.

I would think the company that made this cone-style one has done some research. It would be interesting to hear some sound samples.

Eww. That could be the most disgusting looking drum product ever. I would never subject the audience to a 22" anus looking thing all night. Who OK'd that design?

I would think the company that made this cone-style one has done some research. It would be interesting to hear some sound samples.

Oh I agree. They have done more research than me. I am only going on what looks like a trap to me, and conventional wisdom or experience on port hole location. I too would love to hear it.

I guess if there is an advantage to it they could make one with an acoustically transparent mesh head over the damn ugly thing.

it kind of resembles what Alex Van Halen used to do to his bass drum reso heads.

alexvanhalenkit2.jpg

Last edited:
Im going to have to assume if they brought this thing to market, it probably sounds pretty cool.

I like the idea, horns do efficiently transmit sound

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 11,145
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 9,098
I guess if there is an advantage to it they could make one with an acoustically transparent mesh head over the damn ugly thing.

it kind of resembles what Alex Van Halen used to do to his bass drum reso heads.

View attachment 44217

It looks no uglier than a pillow, blanket, towel or mattress that I see stuffed into drums all the time, and proudly displayed. In fact, I think this horn head looks better than any of those things stuffed in a drum.

I think it looks really cool, actually. Makes the kick look like a giant sub whoofer. I'd love to hear two identical bass drums, one with a regular resonant head and another w/ one of these monsters on it.

I think it looks really cool, actually. Makes the kick look like a giant sub whoofer. I'd love to hear two identical bass drums, one with a regular resonant head and another w/ one of these monsters on it.

Same. Seems to be no videos on Youtube yet however... I also can't figure out who makes/distributes the thing.

Back