Gibralter UA Hi Hat stand with Tama Clutch

canada_rokzz

Does anyone use this combo?
gib9607ML-U.jpg

TAMA+IRON+COBRA+CLUTCH+HH905XP.jpg

I am considering both, but not sure how the clutch will work with the foot board on the hi hat stand...

Thanks!
Joe

I use a regular gibraltar hat clutch on my UA. It costs $20 and works perfectly.

Yeah, I am running a Pearl drop clutch on my hi hat stand, much like yours, but the idea of that infinite adjustment on the Tama clutch pedal has me thinking. And I am a bit of an impulse buyer, so this is one method of slowing me down...

By the way, NICE KIT trkdrmr!!! When I finally get some decent heads on mine I am gonna have to take some pics...

Ok...gear NOOB here, what is UA in the hi hat mean? I have tried to come to a conclusion but I am left dumb.

Its the abbreviation for the above pictured Hi hat stand.

Its an Ultra Adjust. it adjusts for height, angle, and even moves side to side, so you can have it angle over a second pedal, and be in the position that it would be without a double pedal... Kinda like a remote hi hat stand without the need for a rack or a second stand to mount the cable portion to

Remote Hi hat stand for reference:
Hi-Hat-Remote-Enlarge.jpg

Its the abbreviation for the above pictured Hi hat stand.

Its an Ultra Adjust. it adjusts for height, angle, and even moves side to side, so you can have it angle over a second pedal, and be in the position that it would be without a double pedal... Kinda like a remote hi hat stand without the need for a rack or a second stand to mount the cable portion to

Remote Hi hat stand for reference:
Hi-Hat-Remote-Enlarge.jpg

oooh that... I like a remote cool!, Mine is the legless UA...
9607uanl_lg.jpg

It's clamped to my V-rack.

I'm strongly considering getting one of these because i like to play with a double bass pedal but the positioning of the hi hats makes it difficult to play to my full potential. And i really hate to give up my double pedal.

I'm strongly considering getting one of these because i like to play with a double bass pedal but the positioning of the hi hats makes it difficult to play to my full potential. And i really hate to give up my double pedal.

That is exactly why I got mine. It also eliminates all the clutter around your feet. I have been warming up a spot for my second kick, which should materialize via fed ex next week.

A "UA" eliminates a wide stance that some stands force in a double kick kit.

oooh that... I like a remote cool!, Mine is the legless UA... It's clamped to my V-rack.

I don't have a rack, so a two leg would be for me. I only ever have like 5 or 6 cymbals at a time, so I don't think a rack would be worth it for me...

razorx said:
I am right on the same page. my hi hat stand is abiout 3 inches to far to the left, and it hampers me. I get crossed sticks like twice a jam, just because I am reaching. I am not a hard core double pedal guy (playing classic rock covers) but I like it enough to want to keep it. And besides, I paid enough for mt DW 5002's that even if I didnt play it at all, it would be there just for the sake of looking at it! Its just so nice to look at... hahaha

Anyway, anyone rockin this combo?

well just for razorx you can have close hats with a dbp

Attachments

• cropped kit.jpg
    cropped kit.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,897
As far as I know, the cobra clutch is only designed to work with the Iron Cobra hihat stand, so make sure the two pieces will actually work together.

its not just for the bobra i mean look at TTNW he has a 9000 hi hat it goes with his

Well judging from those pics, its gonna work on the Gibralter pedal... Just to bad I can't see a picture of this set up in use.

Thanks all for the reply's!
Joe

Back