WTF?!~??1!!!one

xMannequiNx

So I tried taking my snare batter head off to replace it, and I couldnt get one of the tension rods out! I tried everything I could including oil and lube to try and get it out smoothly but it just wouldnt give.

anyways I ended up breaking the head of the tension rod off and forced it out with pliers...and now i need a new one

only problem is i can't find anyone freakin selling them!!! I purchased a generic set of gibraltar lugs and they were too big.

I have a PDP CX series, where can I buy tension rods to fit this?

See thats the problem. everywhere I go sells the same width of lug; no one will sell something to fit the pdp specifically.. :(

So I tried taking my snare batter head off to replace it, and I couldnt get one of the tension rods out! I tried everything I could including oil and lube to try and get it out smoothly but it just wouldnt give.

anyways I ended up breaking the head of the tension rod off and forced it out with pliers...and now i need a new one

only problem is i can't find anyone freakin selling them!!! I purchased a generic set of gibraltar lugs and they were too big.

I have a PDP CX series, where can I buy tension rods to fit this?

I used to own a CX series kit also, and I ran into the exactly the same problem. The tension rods they use have a finer thread than standard ones, so unfortunately you'll have to get replacement parts from DW. Barring that, another solution is to take out the lug insert (the piece that the tension rod threads into) and replace it with a standard one so you can use a standard (coarse-thread) tension rod. Also, you might want to check out your local Guitar Center; they sell tons of Pacific kits, so I'd imagine they would have a spare part or 2 just lying around the store.

Back