I need heads for a DEEP sound

slowrocker

Silver Member
I am currently using remo black suede emperors. Anything give me a good deep sound?

I don't want a pack. I will be getting an emad bass head, but I need new heads for my 12" and 16" toms. I appreciate any help!

Remo Pinstripes, Aquarian Perfomance II's, or Evans Hydraulics maybe? If those Black Suede Emperor heads aren't already deep enough for you, I don't know what to say... They are pretty dark and deep sounding.

What reso heads do you have, and how old are your current heads?

Remo Pinstripes, Aquarian Perfomance II's, or Evans Hydraulics maybe? If those Black Suede Emperor heads aren't already deep enough for you, I don't know what to say... They are pretty dark and deep sounding.

What reso heads do you have, and how old are your current heads?

I think the resonant heads were the stock heads that came with the set, and I don't know how old the heads are, because I bought the set used and they came with it. They do sound good but I figured I could get something better that would still sound deep. I don't really care so much about the rack Tom as the floor Tom. The rack Tom can be a little higher but the floor has to be as deep as I can get it. I may look at the Evans hydraulics. I like Evans heads and I preferred my Evans heads to the previous remo heads I had.

How about the Aquarian Force 10. Haven't used them myself, but I can't imagine anything being deeper sounding than a head made with two 10 mil plies.

It doesn't get any deeper than the new Evans Black Chrome heads. I love them!

I've since changed all my toms to the Black Chromes.

http://youtu.be/uEN9Qcm4VR4

IMG_1241.jpg

I can tell you from experience that when tuned right performance II and pinstripes sound great, really low with tons of smack. The hydralics, stay away from those. I've also heard good about the black chrome.

To me, Remo Emperors are much fatter and lower than pinstripes. Been using clear emperors over ambassadors on birch shells and I get nice deep tone. Recommended.

To me, Remo Emperors are much fatter and lower than pinstripes. Been using clear emperors over ambassadors on birch shells and I get nice deep tone. Recommended.

Cool, I will look at emporers. I may end up just going with some ec2's. Not as deep as some, but I like them and can still get a good sound. The bass is already super deep and the floor tom is not so deep. I will just have to look at all of the options and go with what I think is best. I appreciate all of the input and suggestions.

Back