Favorite bass player? Only one allowed

Definitely oteil burbridge. orr phil lesh..i know he dosent stay in the pocket that much but i love his counter-melodic approach and how he dances around a melody..id be so inspired if i played with him

Tal Wilkenfeld

She's playing with Jeff Beck now. She's an Aussie that's shared the stage with Vinnie C., Eric Clapton, Sting.

She can groove like hell.

She's young, new and she's also a hottie.

My current favorite!

What's so amazing about her story is how fast she excelled. She began playing guitar at 14. Then three years later she switches to bass. One year later, she is then offered a endorsement deal from Sadowsky Guitars. Just two years after that she toured and recorded with the Allman Brothers. How do you explain this? How do you get that good in such a short period of time? It would be interesting to find out her practice routine during those first four to five years.

Tal Wilkenfeld

She's playing with Jeff Beck now. She's an Aussie that's shared the stage with Vinnie C., Eric Clapton, Sting.

She can groove like hell.

She's young, new and she's also a hottie.

My current favorite!

She is something. Didn't know her name, thanks.

Thank you!! It's great to see Tom Jenkinson (aka Squarepusher) getting recognition for his prodigious talents. I would love to hear him play with JoJo Mayer; that would be too much fun!

Now that would be insane! I've got a buddy who is a big fan of his, although what I hear from him, squarepusher isn't one for working with others at all. He does all of his own stuff doesn't he?

Only 2 total votes for Geddy Lee? I know that there are a lot of good ones out there past and present, but.......

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Stanley Clarke. Definitely in my top favorites! Victor Wooten kicks butt too. He's probably my favorite living electric bassist.

She is something. Didn't know her name, thanks.

Check out her playing at the 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show. Vinne C is on the drums and Jeff Beck takes over hosting duties for about a half an hour. He brings on Sting, Buddy Guy.

Tal is stacking her resume with some great players. She is good.

Abe introduced me to this clip with Tal playing to show me that Vinnie had played with Jeff Beck, which I didn't know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA.

She's amazingly accomplished for someone who's played such a short time. Some people just have the magic inside.

She is also fortunate that she's been the benefactor of several great musicians that carry on the tradition of finding up and coming talent and cultivating and promoting them.

This is nothing new, of course, but Jeff Beck has done this before in his more than 40 years in the biz.

She's going to continue to have a great career.

I am going to go with Geezer Butler, what an original sound unlike any other.

Back