Remo Powerstroke 3

Well, lets say I want my toms to sound sort of tribal, or war like, like really powerful but not thin sounding, like really heavy sounding.

...I have all PS3's on all toms,... I am a rock metal kind of guy and the PS3's are a bit too open ... pinstripes were just a tad bit too dampened.
OK, going back to this post, your thoughts of switching to Emperor heads is going in the wrong direction. They'll be more open than the P3's. The P4 is the only head between a P3 and a Pinstripe. I think what you've encountered is the limitation of the Pearl Export. You're at the edge of it's performance curve.

Oh wow now that I look back at this post Harry helped me a lot, I really appreciate it, he answered all of my questions even though I kept throwing in small details here and there and not really changing the question lol, thanks a lot man, it was a lot of help.

1 more question though, now I am shooting for reso heads and orded ambassadors just to get rid of my stock heads, but will this be the sound I am looking for as described as below?

Ambassadors as resos is really the way to go.
You can do just about anything with them, if not everything.

And also, many of the recordings that we thought were made with Pearl and Yamaha drums were actually made with Gretsch drums.

o:
Once again, evidence that Gretsch will one day rule the world.

I have a problem with my PS3 bass drum head. There is a small gap between the hoop and the head in 1 spot, and it does this on all 4 sides of my 2 bass drums, and every other head I use fits perfectly, so I don't think it's the bearing edge. I called Remo and the lady said to send her pictures of it, so I am hoping to revolutionize Remo with my pictures I'm sending to her :D anyone else have a problem like this?

Jalli,
Just curious...why the switch to Remos if you were happy with the coated G1s? I'm just interested in know the reason behind the impulse. Was there something specific about your experience with Remo vs Evans that's making you switch? Had you tried other options from Evans...or just the G1s?

Mike
Evans Senior Product Manager

Jalli,
Just curious...why the switch to Remos if you were happy with the coated G1s? I'm just interested in know the reason behind the impulse. Was there something specific about your experience with Remo vs Evans that's making you switch? Had you tried other options from Evans...or just the G1s?

Mike
Evans Senior Product Manager

Well, Evans seem to be my kind of head, consistant, modern, constantly innovating, but last time (and also first time) I re-skinned, I got Remos, and they just sound great. There's some unspoken respect with Remo that comes with thier long- standing reputation, I guess. That being said, does Evans offer a head for toms symaler to the Remo CS? I'd certianly try it.

OK, going back to this post, your thoughts of switching to Emperor heads is going in the wrong direction. They'll be more open than the P3's. The P4 is the only head between a P3 and a Pinstripe. I think what you've encountered is the limitation of the Pearl Export. You're at the edge of it's performance curve.

To my ear, Pinstripes have always been a little less muffled (and by that, I mean in high frequencies as well as length of sustain) than the Powerstrokes, falling between the Emp's and the PW3's... Amb->CS->Emp->PS->PS3->PS4. I do believe it's Remo's intended order of muffling, but I do hear it for myself to, not just following the company line.

Back