DW Pedal Footboards

Hello everyone. I wan't to pick up a DW 5000 double pedal and a DW 9000 hi-hat stand soon and I was wondering if anyone has found where to get DW 9000 footboards. I've looked on Ebay and on DW's website and can't find anything. My plan is to get the 9000 footboards to match the hi-hat stand. I know you're thinking why not just get a 5000 hi-hat stand but I wan't to also get a remote hi-hat stand and if you follow DW hardware you know that they only way to get a remote hi-hat is by getting a 9000 series. You may also be saying suck it up and deal with it, it's just that i'm very anal about little things like that. If a head is not aligned exactely perfect on the drum i'll detune the head and retune just so I could move the head to be perfect.

Thanks.

I guess being anal is a good admission.

I might ask why you don't just get the DW9000 bass drum pedal? ;)

You might have to find a shop that can order the specific parts for you. I'm pretty sure Pro Drum in Hollywood can get it (are you talking about the heel plate too?). You might want to give them a call.

I did think about that and I found that they felt the exact same to me and I really don't need the features of the 9000 when the 5000 gives me everything I need.

I just wan't the straight up footboard but the base plate might be something since the 5000 has a red one.

Thanks for the help.

Man, and I thought I was bad about stuff...
JK.

You'll need to order the foot board as a "part" from a DW dealer.
I'd go to a drum shop and not GC or a place like that.

I know. I'm terrible. There was a time where if I had two different models of cymbals (Ex. A Series and A Custom) I would not like it and I would change it. I'd never go to a GC to get parts. I think one of the music stores in town sells DW hardware so that might be a thought.

Thanks.

You know, there's actually a good reason to do this. The 9000 series feels like you're moving too much mass around to me. I prefer the lighter feel of my 5000. But the 5000 footboard isn't very much fun to play barefoot with all the cast features in it. The 9000 is predominately flat. So putting a 9000 footboard on a 5000 pedal would be the best of both worlds for barefoot (or occasional barefoot like me) players.

Well, actually, thinking about it, I hate the fact that the DW9000 has that spring on the inside of the post. Dumbest design ever!

Probably why I left DW altogether and am enjoying my Tama Iron Cobra Jr.!

Maybe I'll go Trick....

Hey Man,

I've got a 9000 remote hi-hat stand... perfect condition. Willing to go 200 shipped. Thats about 1/2 off online/instore prices (360) plus shipping.

No pressure, no worries. Just let me know if that's appealing at all. I've got pictures.

On another note, I totally feel and respect your desire for these footboards. I've had a 9000 remote, 5000 hihat, and tama iron cobra double pedal for years. Never could stop thinking about how much nicer it would have looked if the pedals matched!

Hope I can be of some help. If not, have fun getting your kit the way you like it!

That seems like a great deal but i'm going to have to pass. I still have to save up money. Gotta pay off some debt but keep me updated. I am a little interested. I wish I didn't push my math homework to the side causing me to go to summer school. Oh well. I'm getting a better mark anyway. I probably just confused everyone lol.

Thanks.

Are you planning on buying the 5000 new? If so by the time you buy the pedal and the new footboard you will probably be close to the cost of the 9000 bass pedal. Just a thought. Also I didn't think I'd use all the adjustments when I got my 9000, upgraded from a single chain 5000 I played for 15 years, but I have so might be worth considering

That's also another thing to consider. But Tama footboards (IC) are about $30 each. But I don't think DW footboards would be different. Would they? So it would come to around $520 (Locally) Maybe i'll just get the 9000 Double Pedal.

That's also another thing to consider. But Tama footboards (IC) are about $30 each. But I don't think DW footboards would be different. Would they? So it would come to around $520 (Locally) Maybe i'll just get the 9000 Double Pedal.

My gut feeling is they are more than $30. Call your local dealer and ask them.

knowing DW theres pretty much a 110% possibility that they will be more than £30, as nice as there stuff is there expensive. just get the 9000s lovely pedals best chain driven pedal ive used (ive played no direct drives, but if stomp get onto it i might buy some for the 9000s, hint hint ;))
ive had no problems with inside post springs, if you do try using the toe stops see if that helps. also they used to make the 5000 remotes so scan ebay im sure youll find one at one point in england there was 2 on at a time so they do show up.

Thanks again for the help. I'll search Ebay around here. Of course dumb me. I completely forgot about used pedals. I might buy a used DW 9000 double and two used hi-hat stands (Remote and Stand). It'll be a lot cheaper. How do I forget about things as simple as that.

Back