Looking for a longer stick.

I posted that I was looking for a longer stick once. Now I get all these emails from Canadian pharmacys. What's up with that?

I got turned on to the Chester Thompson stick when I worked for Joe Calato. It is labeled 1A, so maybe the Vater 1A, being the same 17" length is similar? I used these for a few years, probably where I developed my habit of hanging the stick almost completely out of my hand, basically holding onto the last 2 inches of stick. Got great throw and stick inertia, but not so great for intricate fast rudimental playing.
Currently, I love the Vic Firth 5B, and I am consciously choking up on the stick more to perfect my doubles etc. I recently got a free pair of Chester's at his clinic, feel a little awkward now, but I sure used to love them.

I love all these great responses and suggestions! Thank you all! I should have been a bit more specific on my original post, I am looking for a 17" length but with the diameter of like 5B.I play hard rock and a thinner stick wouldnt work well with me.

ProMark - Hickory 735 Steve Ferrone Wood Tip
Diameter: .579"
Length: 16 13/16"
Tip Material: Wood
Tip Shape: Teardrop

That's the closest on I can find. It's only 3/16" shy of 17".

Regal Tip makes the Alex Van Halen model which is a long 5A. 17.75" long w/ a dia. of .570".

I love all these great responses and suggestions! Thank you all! I should have been a bit more specific on my original post, I am looking for a 17" length but with the diameter of like 5B.I play hard rock and a thinner stick wouldnt work well with me.

Vater 1A, as long as you're OK with a wood tip; I don't think they make them with nylon.

Collision Drumsticks just released a 'Reach' series. Theyre awesome!

Back