Josh Freese

I think he is an awesome , creative drummer, (listen to the the noose by a perfect circle), he has an amazing history of drum playing, he was already playing pro i think when he was 12 or something? I only know of his a perfect circle stuff , does anyone have more information on him, i would appreciateit , any comments on his playing? Please leave or posts here

thanks

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Josh_Freese.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Josh Freese!!

Josh's great. I like his huge sound and so controlled way to play and he plays in one of my favourite actual band A Perfect Circle...........I love so much Judith and their cover of Devo : Freedom of Choice.
I believe their best is the whole album Thirteen step.
I was wondering on which Suicidal Tendencies album Josh was, if he was in one.

Just had some messages about this8h geldorf concert:

Who is the drummer with Sting? I didn't see it - but must be him, Josh Freese....

anybody saw it?

Bernhard

I'm not sure about Live 8 but I'm absolutely sure I saw Freese playing with Sting on the Tonight Show (or one of the shows like that).

o ye definately his perfect circle stuff is amazing, i think he also played with puddle of mudd for a lil before they got greg upchurch

Ah, Mr. Freese. Great, creative drummer. I heard the instrumental clip on his DW page and was astonished. His APC stuff is great too— goes perfect with the music.

I saw live 8 ( it was amazing, didnt see dave mathews though)

It was definately Josh Freese with Sting..it was hard to recognize him cause his setup was quite different than the one i know he uses..it had more cymbals, especially splash cymbals

I saw Live 8 And yes it was josh freese with sting he was playing a police stewart copeland kind of set up and they also played message in a bottle which I thought was really good

Definately one of the most underrated drummers around. I would love to see or hear a solo of his drummerworld! (hint hint nudge nudge)

His work with A Perfect Circle is his most known (of course, he's a member), but he's also an amazing studio drummer. Check out the Haunted album by Poe. He has some great grooves and amazing fills too, and the music is great AND perfectly crafted and produced. Actually, one of my favorite artists!

I don't listen to them but I've heard he has done some drumming on the latest Good Charlotte album.

Has anyone used a pair of his sig sticks? I bought a pair because the man in the shop was out of 5a's. they're really small I find, not long enough, but they are good.

i know that josh does a lot of session works. he has his own album titled "the notorious one man orgy." album is pretty much comprised of pop-punk kind of songs. i listened to it but it didnt really tickle me. can anyone refer me to one of josh''s better works?

cactusman said:
i know that josh does a lot of session works. he has his own album titled "the notorious one man orgy." album is pretty much comprised of pop-punk kind of songs. i listened to it but it didnt really tickle me. can anyone refer me to one of josh''s better works?

Poe's Haunted. Listen to it at amazon or something cuz its really great!

Bernhard said:
Who is the drummer with Sting? I didn't see it - but must be him, Josh Freese....

Mode "bad joke"=ON

ITS STEWART COPELAND!!!!!!

Mode "bad joke"=OFF

Isaac said:
I don't listen to them but I've heard he has done some drumming on the latest Good Charlotte album.

Has anyone used a pair of his sig sticks? I bought a pair because the man in the shop was out of 5a's. they're really small I find, not long enough, but they are good.

Yeh man i find them awesome, they are short but because they are light too they fit me like a glove, i used to play with long sticks but when i came across his i found out that becacuse they are light you can move heaps faster around the kit, i tend to break alot tho but i find them heaps good.

Did any one read the modern drummer article where he said he bust his right knee just before a gig with APC. He decided to get 3 different sets of high hats ( open, partially open and closed) and proceeded to play the gig and most of the rest of the tour with his left foot doing the work on the bass drum! Now thats versatile. p.s. I thought his live 8 performance with sting was the highlight of the whole day.

Back