Please recommend some sticks that WILL NOT SLIP

Aww, let em slip. Grab another one.

I agreee, I only seem to drop the odd stick now when playing very lightly in a quiet part of a song and its usually the right one, Ive tried the grips and dips but they just give me blisters so I just deal with it and grab another.

I agreee, I only seem to drop the odd stick now when playing very lightly in a quiet part of a song and its usually the right one, Ive tried the grips and dips but they just give me blisters so I just deal with it and grab another.

Sorry, but I would go through about ten pairs per sitting, and the people in the front row would have to wear full hockey gear. :) My hands are just too dry, especially in winter to play without my sticks being wrapped in my Self amalgamating tape. Plus my hands get sore from over gripping without tape :)

Has anyone mentioned Vater Nude yet? Well, i recommend them - they have no coating on thw wood, so it has a natural wood feel and sucks up sweat too. Mine are all brown where i hold them haha

Sorry, but I would go through about ten pairs per sitting, and the people in the front row would have to wear full hockey gear. :) My hands are just too dry, especially in winter to play without my sticks being wrapped in my Self amalgamating tape. Plus my hands get sore from over gripping without tape :)

Eat a bunch of cotton candy and dont wash your hands before going on, that should keep them in place...lol

My problem has always been slight slipping on the left hand. I've tried various tapes, Micropore and sanding the sticks, but I found the answer today and it seems its already been mentioned in this thread. Simple candle wax! I'm amazed so few people have tried this. Just rub it along the grip area and apply at any time you are slipping. It just gives a slight tackiness which is just enough to stop the stick from moving off the fulcrum.

I'm using Los Cabos yellow rubber dipped handle sticks. I swear by them! They're made in Canada. They are very durable and have an awesome grip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 44
Back