Dave DiCenso

Late Bloomer

What an awesome drummer is Dave DiCenso. I hear names of drummers being raved about, but not many would be as good as this guy. His playing in this clip is unbelievable. The speed, accuracy and feel leaves me breathless. I don't know if this clip has been posted before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_81IomgGEY
Watch and be amazed.

That would be interesting. Dave's brother John lives in Terre Haute, Indiana (where I live). He normally competes in our store drum-off.

Last edited:
Dave is just awesome. His work with Jon Finn's band is fun, interesting and jaw-dropping. I'd love to catch that band live some day.

Dave is a groove monster, and his chops are out of this world. However, he also has that all too rare ability of being able to pull it all back and really play for the song. Amazing player, most definitely.

I think Dream Theater ought to give Dave a call...

As far as I know, Dave doesn't tour any more. He does the odd session, but other than that he's focused on teaching and family life these days.

Dave is one of those freaks of nature. One of the people who's ability is so high that my mind can not accept the fact that they are really THAT good. His brother John Dicenso is also an absolute monster and he happens to live in the same town that I live in. I'm going to try and get hooked up with some lessons from John.

Re: Dave DiCenso Here!

hey all! I'am big fan of dave. His MDF solo i thought was one of the best i ever seen. I been studying with his father Dick Dicenso for the past 3 years and his universal rythems book is part of my lesson. What i liked about the video you posted was how to practice the exercises without the drum set, just useing hand and mouth. So thank you for that. Peace, John bag out.

lol - you might want to ask the mods to change the thread title. Unless Dave C is an active member who answers questions on the thread, then he's not actually "here" :)

Fantastic drummer ... his energy is right up there.

yeh I don't know how to do it :O how do I change the topic name?? sorry but i'm not really expert of this LOL

yeh I don't know how to do it :O how do I change the topic name?? sorry but i'm not really expert of this LOL

Ha! Easy mistake to make.

Maybe contact Dogbreath (he's a mod here) via his page http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/member.php?u=7 and under the contact details tab you'll see an option to send him a private message.

Either that or you could contact Dave and see if he'll log on and answer questions :)

Back