Bass Drum Head Broke :(

bradmapex

The other day i was playing and i noticed somthing different about the feeling??.. i guess you could call it when my pedal was hitting the bass drum. So I took a look down at my bass and noticed that my Evans EMAD was broken. The plastic ring that goes around the head and hold the foam in place is broken off about a quarter around the head ( from about 9o'clock to 12o'clock) It is not completly broken off, just the upper peice that is attached to the rest of the plastic , so it is sort of just hanging there. That was the !st EMAD i've gotten and i loved the sound, but before that i was using the Remo equivalent, Powerstroke 2or3 i think. I just got the Evans instead this time because they are cheaper in canada for some reason. But anyway, i was wondering if anyone knows what could have caused this or if Evan's has any broken product policys, thanks
b r a d .

Attachments

• emad.jpg
    emad.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 304
Your problem is very typical of the Evans Emad bass drum heads. In all cases that I've heard about, the plastic ring is the first thing to go. If there is a warranty, it will depend on the amount of time you have had the head. Check the Evans drum head website.

Dennis

I've had an EMAD 2 for about a year and half and the only problem I've had with that plastic ring is that it can give nasty paper cuts when trying to change out the foam ring, so watch your fingers! The only gimmick to the Emad series is that the ring is removable, so if you never plan on changing out the muffling foam, then don't buy it because of the breakable plastic parts. You can buy marching bass muffling foam rolls and make your own EMAD on any other head too.

I stopped using the EMAD head because that piece wouldn't last nearly as long as the head does.

They're too expensive for me because of that.

I put an emad on our kit at church and the same thing happened a few months ago, the plastic ring broke. I tried it, sounded decent but won't buy another, plenty of other head choices where I won't have to deal with that.

I broke another plastic ring last week. That makes three so far.

There won't be a fourth.

My buddy's got an EMAD2 on his kit and I notice looking at it closely that the removable foam muffling ring looks a little too thick. He had to kind of cram it in to the plastic ring. I'm sure that's not helping it out.

Back