Need some light 7a's

hurders

I currently use ProMark Hickory 7a's with wood tips and find them nice and light which is great for me. I'm considering trying something else though, reason being, the promark 7a's seem to be a little bit more money (£13-14 in the UK) compared to the alternate brands (vic firth, zildjian, vater etc.) which seem to be availabel around £10 or less. I definitely want something thats going to be as light as the ProMark 7a's though. Any opinions?

Also, has anyone used the ProMark Thunder or Lightning Rods? They are the thickest versions of the ProMark rods (Thunder being the thickest). I have some Promark Cool rods which have very thin dowels but want to try the thicker versions for a bit more definition whilst still being quieter than normal sticks. What d'you reckon?

I don't have a suggestion for you on the positive side, but will tell you to stay away from the Zildjian sticks. I bought two pair of 7A Dipsticks, and the first pair barely lasted two weeks which for me is bad. I have gone back or will when the second pair fails to my Regal Tip 7A's.

£10!
man there is a drum store near me in the uk that sells em for £8-£9
and free delivery to any uk mainland address.

SOUND ATTACK

moose

Yeah, I've had a better look and I reckon I can actually get Promark 7a's delivered for around £9-10 delivered so will probably stick with them. I had a look at the 'sound attak' web site and your right, they do stock promark sticks for £9 but no 7a's listed.

Yeah, I've had a better look and I reckon I can actually get Promark 7a's delivered for around £9-10 delivered so will probably stick with them.
No pun intended?! :)

What about vic firth's 7a's? Listed at £7, cheap and cheerfull. (Although they will be bumping their prices up soon). They don't have a beefier shoulder unlike the promark 7a's.

Regal_Tip 7a's are my favorite 7a size stick very light & the sweetest rim click.

Good luck,
Bonzolead

check out Vater's Manhattan 7A's - a very delicate stick, very light...

I'll have to second the Regal Tip 7A's or 7A-Jazz Wides ( a little longer). Light, quick and the tone of the wood is outstanding. If you want truly light, I'd have to recommend Bopworks Storyville Jazz. Longer lighter taper. Sweet bounce on the cymbals and simply a more delicate sound but still have that great wood tone for rim clicks. I've also played some Vic Firth 7A Maples that where nice and light. Tone is thinner though.

I currently use ProMark Hickory 7a's with wood tips and find them nice and light which is great for me. I'm considering trying something else though, reason being, the promark 7a's seem to be a little bit more money (£13-14 in the UK) compared to the alternate brands (vic firth, zildjian, vater etc.) which seem to be availabel around £10 or less. I definitely want something thats going to be as light as the ProMark 7a's though. Any opinions?

Also, has anyone used the ProMark Thunder or Lightning Rods? They are the thickest versions of the ProMark rods (Thunder being the thickest). I have some Promark Cool rods which have very thin dowels but want to try the thicker versions for a bit more definition whilst still being quieter than normal sticks. What d'you reckon?

I sometimes use Lightning Rods and they are great for cymbal work but dont last as long as normal sticks. Try them out, get a nice 'slap' as well on the drums heads.

£13-14 for Promarks in Lincolnshire? It's been a while since I got new Sticks but have they really gone up that much? I used to get Promark 7a's for no more than £10 a pair in The Music Room on the Highstreet in Lincoln.

I'd also put another vote in for Vater 7a Manhattan's, they're nice an light but feel more solid than other 7a's I've played and as somone else mentioned they have round Beads so you get some nice Stick deifinition out of them on the Hats and Ride.

Hope you're well mate,

Kev

p.s. Nice to see another Yeller Belly on here!

Back