I supported a local music shop, and...

Just keep it as a snare. Having a coated head on the snare is side is, to the snares, vibrating in mud. It won't let the snares vibrate, it'll sound like a high pitched tom with snares flapping around

If that made any sense

Hmm..alright, fine. Another question: Would trying the Ambassador as a batter out be harmful to it, if I wanted to use it another time?

Actually, I'm tempted to just try out the Ambassador as a batter head, to see how it sounds, who knows, I might like it? Either way, I'm eventually buying/getting a new snare drum, so we'll see. But heads are so cheap anyways, although they could be cheaper...

Speaking of cheap heads... Guitar Center was selling coated ambassadors for $7.99 a pop on the day after Thanksgiving (11/28), but was working so I couldn't make it to the store. (very disappointed about that!) But yeah, even though other companies like Evans and Aquarian make great products, Remo is still probably the most-used brand of drumhead in the world, and the coated ambassador is the standard by which all other heads are measured. If you haven't ever used one for a snare batter, I say give it a try!

Speaking of cheap heads... Guitar Center was selling coated ambassadors for $7.99 a pop on the day after Thanksgiving (11/28), but was working so I couldn't make it to the store. (very disappointed about that!) But yeah, even though other companies like Evans and Aquarian make great products, Remo is still probably the most-used brand of drumhead in the world, and the coated ambassador is the standard by which all other heads are measured. If you haven't ever used one for a snare batter, I say give it a try!

I will try it, and it TOTALLY SUCKS how I didn't buy it at Guitar Center. Plus, I forgot my 15% off coupon when I bought my sticks at GC! Oh well, as long as I have it...

TRy it. I doubt it will work for you. But you can keep it for your next drum clinic or concert and you can have someone sign it.

TRy it. I doubt it will work for you. But you can keep it for your next drum clinic or concert and you can have someone sign it.

1. Happy 1000th post.

2. Why do you doubt it will work for me? Supposedly, it's an extremely versatile head.

Ambassadors really are the standard for snare batters. Reason being that you have a jazz head, a latin head, a rock head, a metal head [pun totally intended.], and a funk head all in one. Just tune er' up, and throw muffling on if necessary to your heart's content. While there have been MANY, MANY people disappointed in snare batters such as the Emperor X, Hi-Energy [sorry. :p] and even Pinstripe. However, I know not of a single person that has been let down by the Coated Ambassador.

A coated Ambassador as a snare-side head? No way! I mean, you could try it, but it'll sound like s**t.
Why did you buy it in the first place? "On impulse." I guess it's wonderful that you have the money to throw around "on impulse" like that, but this isn't making any sense. You supported a local music shop, and...what the hell are you talking about, anyway?
Oh right, you're on vacation. Well, get back to us when you return, and don't forget to send a post card.

Yeah, I know, totally terrible of me, right? I should have thought about it, but I had recently read lots of good things about the Ambassadors, so I just bought one without thinking. Who knows, I might like it better than the hi-energy? And if not, I'll just keep it for later use, if the hi-energy isn't stretched.

Lol, I can't believe how many people have suggested trying a coated ambassador for a snare head. It will sound like what Jay said it would. Snare heads and batter heads are labelled specifically ofr the job, so best not to waste a good batter head and keep it for when you need it.

Why did you buy it in the first place? "On impulse." I guess it's wonderful that you have the money to throw around "on impulse" like that, but this isn't making any sense. You supported a local music shop, and...what the hell are you talking about, anyway?
Oh right, you're on vacation. Well, get back to us when you return, and don't forget to send a post card.

Thank you...

This guy's threads are getting more pointless everyday, I don't mean to be a jerk, but how about you go and play your drums instead of opening a thread everyday about whatever new head you got...

Yeah, I know, totally terrible of me, right? I should have thought about it, but I had recently read lots of good things about the Ambassadors, so I just bought one without thinking. Who knows......

Hopefully you bought the right dimension - probably not sure about this also???

Bernhard

Thank you...

This guy's threads are getting more pointless everyday, I don't mean to be a jerk, but how about you go and play your drums instead of opening a thread everyday about whatever new head you got...

I was going to say this, but glad you did. Its true.

Hopefully you bought the right dimension - probably not sure about this also???

Bernhard

The sad part is, I wouldn't be suprised if he did not.

I just put a coated G2 on my Steambent Willie snare because I wanted a fat old school sound on this 7.5 inch snare. Tuned it loose and it sounds great. On the snare side? No Way!! Try a 2 mil or 3 mil on the snare side for sensitivity.

Wow, the owner of this drum forum is insulting my intelligence. Real classy.

- nothing personal, i just was also in a buying mood. Two different sticks probably, have to look out..

I leave to the coast now...

Bernhard

Wow, the owner of this drum forum is insulting my intelligence. Real classy.

I'd feel honored. Mind you, I've been insulted by some pretty classy people.

Back