Best Stick Company?

I used a lot of different types of sticks, but ever since I discovered Vater sticks years ago, I haven't looked elsewhere. I like the Fatback 3A for most of my work (rock mostly) as well as their "Rock" model.

I still have a few pairs of Vic Firth 5As kickin' around that I'll use once in a while. Classic stick.

Regal tips 3B sticks. Instead of breaking they will kinda peel off slowly.
I used to play Zildjian Travais Barker's pro model because I liked the extra length and the marching-like round tip shape. The Regal tip are pretty much alike, without the stupid white paint going directly on your cymbals and the cheezy look.

I like Promark's signature Jake Hanna sticks. They're equivalent to a 7AN. They're coated and they're balanced very well. I also play with 7BW for more subtle sound, and also play with brushes.

I play jazz -- Swing, Smooth, Latin, and Dixieland. 7s by Promark are the best I've found yet. They're light (and fast), well balanced, and deliver a great sound without even hitting a drum.

It's about the wood and balance. Different woods or differing quality of wood deliver different sounds, especially on rims.

p.s. If you're breaking your sticks all the time, you're not getting the most out of your instrument. STOP BEATING THEM. Play your instrument! It's about finesse -- accents, grace notes, crescendos and diminuendos. It's not about being the strongest cave man!

5A's from pro-mark. Hickory. Very light, lets me flow around the kit very easily, I wouldn't use any other stick.

I prefer Vic Firth 55a's it gives you a 5b barrel width with 5a weight, love em.

I try new sticks all the time but I always come back to...Vic Firth Jack DeJohnette Sig. model (SJD).

I have tried several different 5A, 5B and 2B. My favourite stick is NOVA by Vic Firth ~ 2B Hickory, wooden tips. The right one for my hands and fingers movement.

Right now, I'm using 5As and METAL from Vic Firth, they're great, but they don't last me a long time ( Practice 3-4 hours a day and performance once a week.) I get through a stick a day, but discovered AHEAD sticks. Wow, 5As, they get pretty battered, but realized over the course of, iunno a year, I could save over a hundred dollars :)

What's your favourite stick company? and favourite sticks?

Promark 747n OAK........ i think promark are the best made stick

i do sometimes use the vic firth john dolyman sig sticks, but the quality is just not there.

VF 5A Maple.

Great feel and balance. Really durable too.

Their durability surprised me - I had considered maple sticks to be more fragile than hickory, but I'm finding that the maple sticks are lasting way longer than hickory sticks I had been using.

My favorite stick is VF 5XB, next comes 5XA, for lighter playing.

Pro-Mark is more durable, especially the oak models. However, I fell they are inordinately "front-heavy" and make my hands hurt real quickly, especially during fast, intense playing.

Regarding normal breakage - yes, we hard hitters are the black sheep of the drumming family. God forbid any of the more "educated" players out here would ever have to find themselves battling two 4x12 cabs from the back wall of a small club with no mics...

Back