Ayotte Drums at Rehearsal

W

Whitedrummer

Here's a few pictures at our rehearsal room, I know you guys don't seem to interested in this kit, but heh, you don't see too many. Sorry for the lousy pictures, they were taken with my camera phone.
0211091845editedfh5.jpg

0211091846aediteddz6.jpg

0211091845aeditedji3.jpg

0211091845beditedvo8.jpg

nice little 4 piece there, great set up for rock! but, come on we need some specs, and how about the cymbals?!...

Why ofcourse you do, 10x12 tom,12x14 floor tom,16x22 kick, a Ludwig 6.5x14 snare, and a 9x10 tom not shown. Cymbals are 17" Zildjian A Custom, Paiste 22" Dark Energy ride, 14" Zildjian New Beat hi-hats and a cymbal to be named later.

Maybe you guys don't know much about Ayotte, they are made in Canada and at birth cost about $2,000 and that was ten years ago. They are thin North American maple shells with reinforcemrnt hoops. All the hardware and mounting system is probably the best in the business. They are a custom kit, you won't see them at most music stores on display like even the mighty DW is now. This is the first one I've owned and I'm very impressed with the sound and features. You won't find a better sounding kit out there. I see a lot of comments about Mapex Pro M and Gretsch Renown maple kits and although they are nice kits they aren't in the same league as an Ayotte kit.

Yes this is the DrumSmith series which is now the pro line, as far as I know they are the same maple shells made in Canada, the only difference being metal hoops instead of wood hoops.

These are absolutely the BEST sounding drums I've ever played, I played a gig last night for the first time with this kit and wow! I've owned them all, Pearl, Ludwig, Slingerland,Grestch, DW, Fibes, Mapex, Premier, Sonor and these are without a doubt are the best sounding, feeling, and looking drums I've had. I couldn't believe the sound I was hearing, I didn't have to slam the drums, they just responded so well, I didn't want to stop playing. If you ever have a chance to buy an Ayotte kit, run, don't walk to your bank.

Heh, nice kit......oh that's my kit, I feel so lonely.

Ayotte have the quick release lugs right?
I played one at an old mom and pop shop a year or so ago, and it sounded amazing even with the stock heads on.

Your drums are beautiful man, I wanna see some grain though!

Yes, they have the quick release lugs, I feel very fortunate to have aquired this kit for $700, they truly are the best drums I've ever played, plus you just don't see too many of them around.

Last edited:
I wonder how "close" they are to the Taye Studio maple?
There are some similarities when you look at yours as compared to the SM's.
The bass drum spurs look similar, along with the tom brackets.
The SM's are thin North American maple also I believe
Excellent kit...congrats on your "steal"
Phil

Back