New Roland SPD-SX?

I didn't know there were concrete plans (let alone a releasedate) for a follow up model? Do you have any more info on that? In any case, the SPD SX is the industry standard at this point and, an owner myself, it is a great machine. I completely understand your considerations, though. You wouldn't want to miss out on all kinds of new features for a month's wait.

I wouldn't think they'd be releasing a new model for at the very least, a few more years. The first SPD S had about a 8-9 year shelf life. The SX has only been around about 2-3 years.

Im still hoping for an update that will include the ability to have velocity triggered waves between the main and sub waves. Other than that I love my SX.

Awesome machine. It did exactly what I wanted it to do which is play assorted backing parts for my 3 piece band. A little bit of keyboard, horns or rhythm guitar is helpful sometimes and this thing does it all. All you have to do is tell it what to play and hit it at the right time.

If it had remote trigger inputs for more than 4 pads, it would be perfect (for me) because it's much easier to strike a full sized pad (or bar pad?) than the 4" square on the SX

Back