Hello Rehab .... Goodbye Drumming

Skulmoski

Gold Member
I'm scheduled for minor knee surgery (MM tear) which will probably involve a course of rehabilitation (e.g. swimming, stretching, light weight training, etc.). That means my drum practice time will likely suffer. God how I hate suffering! However, I picked up a case of Bulmers today to help facilitate my recovery. The upside is I will have more time to read this forum.

GJS

Attachments

• knee-problem-cartoon.gif
    knee-problem-cartoon.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 165
Ouch.

Good luck with that.

But you can still do snare drum.pad work.
Josh Freese did a tour with one leg in cast, so it is possible to play drums with one leg.

And heck, I know of someone who plays with no feet.

Good luck SM. Bulmers is based in my local town. I'm sure they'd be pleased to hear of the medicinal angle to their product. BTW, I'm a huge cider fan too, especially in the summer (I know, all year round summer in AD). I don't know if you can get hold of some other fine Herefordshire ciders, but hunt down Westerns single variety brews if you can. Soooo much better than Bulmers.

Is it your bass drum or hi hat leg? I m guessing if its your bass drum leg it will hurt your practice time... but if its the hi hat leg you might still be able to play. Maybe just take it easy for a while. Good luck though!

Google Rick Allen Def Leopards' drummers history, then you will feel really bad about laying off.....

Back