Overrated Drummers -who's on your list? Steve Gadd?

Mostly nonsense although I agree with a couple of the inclusions.

Max Weinberg is underrated if he's only going on the Springstein stuff. He obviously never watched Conan. Amazing player.

Mostly nonsense although I agree with a couple of the inclusions.

Max Weinberg is underrated if he's only going on the Springstein stuff. He obviously never watched Conan. Amazing player.

I like Max because of his playing on Conan. I agree.

I think it's funny how he likens Gadd's drumming to a peanut butter sandwich. Would that be crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

As much as I deeply respect Neil, I will admit that Neil is overrated but as overrated as AC/DC. Can't believe I just said that but whatever.
I feel you, but I was just joking about Peart. I agree about AC/DC though. Now there is a peanut butter sandwich if I ever saw (heard) one.

I thought the article was funny. This Levy guy can certainly write a troll article, but I was chuckling all the way down the list.

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks of the guys on the list, I just thought it was fun reading.

Nothing but click bait.

Poorly written crap for the sole purpose of getting views so he can sell advertising.

Well, considering I never make it onto anybody's list, more power to these guys.

Any press is good press, I always say!

Nothing but click bait.

Poorly written crap for the sole purpose of getting views so he can sell advertising.

Based on the author's profile, any on his list has made more in one night than he has since he was born. Still trying to figure out why anyone cares about his list!

They forgot Travis Barker and Joey Jordison..

They aren't bad by any means, but growing up that's all anyone talked about.

"TB is the best punk drummer ever! Better than any drummer!"

Or "Joey has the FASTEST DOUBLES EVAR! SO BRUTAL"

I've had "top drummer" lists pop up in my social media feeds many times. And 90 percent had Travis as number one.

Well, considering I never make it onto anybody's list, more power to these guys.

Any press is good press, I always say!

Once way back in the mid/late 90's, my band somehow made it on a list put out by a church of bands you shouldn't listen to.

We were pretty proud to make the list, given all the other bands on the list were well known.

I wish I had a copy of that list now. lol

Best, worst, over/under rated lists are simply a trolling exercise by the author of the list. Its subjective, get over it.

I like Max because of his playing on Conan. I agree.

I think it's funny how he likens Gadd's drumming to a peanut butter sandwich. Would that be crunchy or creamy peanut butter?

Not Gadd but it's Max Weinberg he likened to a peanut butter sandwich.

Also why aren't Buddy Rich and Dave Weckl on that list. Clearly the worst players to have ever picked up sticks. Can't keep time, no chops. Honestly, that white haired Korean drummer Kwon Soon Keun playing 'My Way' at a wedding runs circles around them. Just the stick twirls alone are a masterclass.

Not Gadd but it's Max Weinberg he likened to a peanut butter sandwich.

Also why aren't Buddy Rich and Dave Weckl on that list. Clearly the worst players to have ever picked up sticks. Can't keep time, no chops. Honestly, that white haired Korean drummer Kwon Soon Keun playing 'My Way' at a wedding runs circles around them. Just the stick twirls alone are a masterclass.

Oh yeah, right! Who the heck calls it a peanut butter sandwich anyway? It's peanut butter and jelly, dammit. Who has a sandwich with peanut butter alone? Friggin' dumb author...

Oh yeah, right! Who the heck calls it a peanut butter sandwich anyway? It's peanut butter and jelly, dammit. Who has a sandwich with peanut butter alone? Friggin' dumb author...

Oh I do. Yum! :) And over here it's peanut butter and jam. Jelly is something fruity and wobbly we put into trifles. But we digress :D :D

The rest of the known world.........sans America........and maybe some undiscovered tribes of the Amazon, or Congo.

In Mu-Mu Land we eat peanut butter on slices of apple. It's great, try it.

(I am entirely convinced that this is the best possible contribution I can make to this thread)

Back