Show Off Your DW Kit

Owned this for about a year and sold it approximately 2 years ago and am now using Mapex Meridian Birch shells. This shell pack (4 toms & kick) is worth exactly 10x what the meridian shells are worth (£4K vs £400) but by no means sounds even twice as good.

Still an absolute stunner though: DW Collectors Series Maple in Lavender to Natural Burst with black fittings. Snare is Pearl Omar Hakim (mahogany).

dwkit.jpg

no pics yet.....hopefully by the end of next week......just ordered a tangerine sparkle kit. 10x8 , 12x9 , 14x12 , 22x18, with a collectors zebra wood snare. They are a demo set from a music store. Also ordering a 16x14 floor tom to go with it but that one will take a couple of months to get.

Super nice! Classic! Congrats and enjoy for years to come!

It was! :eek:) The kit is beautiful!

Very nice! My Performance Series kit was ordered back in mid December, so should be soon now. In the meantime, I can look at yours. ;-)

Took some new shots today. Please enjoy!

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

Very nice. Black or dark colored shells are extremely difficult to photograph well especially to not "blow out" detail in the background. The slight reflections on the shells gives it its glossy "alive" look.

Good job.
Dennis

Very nice! My Performance Series kit was ordered back in mid December, so should be soon now. In the meantime, I can look at yours. ;-)
Absolutely. What color and sizes are you getting? I ordered mine in July '11 and they arrived in Dec. It's worth the wait. I'm looking forward to your pics.

Very nice. Black or dark colored shells are extremely difficult to photograph well especially to not "blow out" detail in the background. The slight reflections on the shells gives it its glossy "alive" look.

Good job.
Dennis
Thank you Dennis. I've found, when taking pics of drums, no flash works best.

Just heard that my kit should arrive in 10 days. That will make it a bit over 150 days. Long wait, but I'm so excited!

Heard a few days ago that my dw exotic snare should be shipped from dw to the dealer I ordered it from on May 11th. Ordered January 16th. Almost 4-months exactly. Then I'm sure it will take 4-5 days to ship from the dealer to my house...

...some i phone pics

Barry

My Performance kit just arrived last week. It's my first kit, and I'm super excited. It's set up in a room that used to be the nursery for my youngest son. That should explain the wall color and curtains. The pictures are a more recent addition to provide some inspiration. That photo of The Who is a signed Jim Marshall print. And the Hendrix photo is also a signed Jim Marshall print. That's Jimi at Monterey. And finally I've got a smiling Jerry Garcia to watch over me.

-- Bobby

Attachments

• Kit2-medium.JPG
    Kit2-medium.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 2,296
  • Kit3-medium.JPG
    Kit3-medium.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 2,348
  • Jimi-medium.JPG
    Jimi-medium.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 2,261
  • Kit4-medium.JPG
    Kit4-medium.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 2,241
My Performance kit just arrived last week.

Gorgeous kit! Love the finish too...of course I'm a bit biased because my Perf Series is Dark Cherry Lacquer too :)

Congrats on the DWs! I know they were worth the wait.

My Performance kit just arrived last week. It's my first kit, and I'm super excited.

Congratulation on your first kit! You picked a winner IMO. I've been playing a DWPS since December and have no complaints.

Back