Mini rant

Andy

Honorary Member
I was unfortunate enough to catch this weeks episode of X Factor, as my lovely wife was watching a recording of it. It was rock week.

Never have I heard such a collection of weedy pop karaoke total "spheres of reproduction" paraded as rock. One of the judges, when challenged about the "rockiness" of their mentored act, responded "it's all about the guitar". WTF! Just because someone's injected a slightly distorted guitar riff into a pop song, doesn't make it a rock track! Silly cow.

& then there's the term "band" applied to a collection of singing bouncing teen bimbos wailing to a backing track. Last time I checked, a band plays instruments & creates their own music!

Sorry to put you through this, but here's a couple of examples of rock X Factor style:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY1b702hjM Hideous vocal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgFKYuSyDmQ Weak crap!

Um, Andy, they were wearing black leather. Isn't that rock enough? (obviously it is for some...)

Now excuse me while I go eat a round of hot lead!

Not to hijack, but does anyone else laugh at the awesomeness of this 14-year-old X-Factor contestant? She absolutely slays me! Go Drew!!

Sorry buddy but my wife and I really enjoy American Idol, and X-Factor USA. I am always amazed at how many great singers there are out there. Most of the people that I have heard sing on these shows could blow away most of the popular acts out there. This year on X-Factor USA they had an over 30 group of singers. They were all amazing. I don't know where they keep coming from, but talent is talent. I don't necessarily like all the music I hear, but I love to watch these talented people sing.

Um, Andy, they were wearing black leather. Isn't that rock enough? (obviously it is for some...)

Now excuse me while I go eat a round of hot lead!

Not to hijack, but does anyone else laugh at the awesomeness of this 14-year-old X-Factor contestant? She absolutely slays me! Go Drew!!
They are lots of great singers this year. I am just mad that Caitlin got voted out. :(

Rock week was a joke and the only reason I watched it was because I thought they would be doing half decent songs - wrong!

The only part I found half interesting was the little guys entrance to "Get your rocks off". But then he started to sing....

They're all right; I liked the girl that did "Livin' On a Prayer" better. I kinda think that that song would've sounded better if they'd done a country rendition of it though...

I'm with Sticks - we may perceive both singers to be total crap, but talent is talent no matter how you put it!

Back