Rick Astley anyone?

If its good its good! I knew Rick years ago and he was a truly great and humble guy. A great voice and, despite being a victim of the "bad-pop" 1980s I have always thought he was good. He recorded with some great guys who remain fairly anonymous on his earlier recordings. He did some demos in LA with Jeff Porcaro and others. My favorite tune was always this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRfPon9vmU&feature=related

Love the drum break which starts at 3:05.

Paul

Love the voice. I remember years ago David Letterman asked, "Who is the little guy with the booming voice?" He can project without screaming.

I do a couple of Rick Astley's tunes when I do my solo act, I love that guys voice, and the audiences seem to dig it. At least they all get up to dance, anyway.

He's like spam in a way. People say they hate that stuff, but somebody's eating it because it still sells!

I did like this guys voice but i must say his pop songs were never that great, but one song that always remember all the words to was Never Gonna Give You Up.. (maybe shouldn`t have admitted to that one)

I do a couple of Rick Astley's tunes when I do my solo act, I love that guys voice, and the audiences seem to dig it. At least they all get up to dance, anyway.

He's like spam in a way. People say they hate that stuff, but somebody's eating it because it still sells!

Who's that in your avatar?

Isn't it time to change that avitar? We neen some new (yes, I said NEW) picks!

And sell it does. Wow

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-04 at 7.47.26 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-04 at 7.47.26 PM.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 357
Yeah, good tune, & certainly at the quality end of the RA spectrum. Agreed on the change in drum vibe. I do like it when a song is 2/3rds reserved, then resolved with a snappy back beat. Nice lift.

I missed that link. Much better - a band that is both seen and heard. Drumming is super-crisp with great tone and, dare I say it, he's a real hottie (sorry, he gave me no choice).

It's the kind of song my band would cover ... if it had been written 50 years earlier :)

I've somehow missed this thread. A fact for which I should have been eternally grateful.
But no, I decided to look.........

I'm going to bed now......too stunned to speak.

The horror, Drummerworld. The sheer horror!

I've somehow missed this thread. A fact for which I should have been eternally grateful.
But no, I decided to look.........

I'm going to bed now......too stunned to speak.

The horror, Drummerworld. The sheer horror!
Next week, I'll post a metal version of "Pinky & Perky", & a deep blues cut of "The Wombles". Actually, especially for you Pocket; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz2eiaP3yug

Back