Iron Cobra Beater

drthemez

I just wanted to give props to tama for this particular beater. I currently have a dw3000 single bass pedal, and have had it for over a month and still for some reason just could not get used to the stock beater. I thought about getting a whole new pedal, but instead decided to try another beater. I picked up the Iron Cobra felt beater and it was honestly like night and day for me. Everything was faster, easier, and less tiring. The suprising thing is that with the IC beater being so small and relatively light i thought i would lose a lot of punch and sound but it is just as loud as the dw one that came with the pedal. Obviously this isnt going to be the same for all, but thought id share my experience in case anyone else thought the stock DW beaters felt akward.

agreed. I replaced my eliminator's quad beater with a IC rubber beater and love it.

I put an I.C. beater on my Eliminator last night. I think it's going to stay that way.

Yup, I've desided that I love the beaters on my IC. Also the fact that you can go from wood to felt to hard rubber in a minute makes them even better.

I was gonna spend $400.00 on a new Falcon double pedal but I'm glad I went used and got some ICs for only $220 in great condition.
The Falcons are BA but these babies aint nothin to sneeze at either.

I own two Iron Cobra single pedals.
I think that the beater is the best thing about them.
I just bought the second Iron Cobra a few weeks ago after an extensive search for a new pedal for one of my kits. I own four kits and I like to make each one of them unique. That is why I look for different things like pedals to go with each kit.
I bought the second Cobra because I couldn't find another pedal that was better.
I tried many pedals before I made my decision to buy another Cobra.
I evem made a thread about it here on this site.
Here is the link to my thread. http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67885

I have a couple of iron cobra beaters. Used to use them on my axis but now I have trick pro 1v's and use the trick dominator beaters instead. Nothing wrong with the iron cobra's though.

Am I the only one that actually switched out his IC beater?

I found it to be...okay. I don't know if it was just too light or what. I swapped it out for a regular Gibraltar felt beater and it immediately felt just right.

Am I the only one that actually switched out his IC beater?

I found it to be...okay. I don't know if it was just too light or what. I swapped it out for a regular Gibraltar felt beater and it immediately felt just right.

I would consider the IC beaters to be medium weight but maybe you just like a heavier beater.
I think the ICs are a bit heavy all around so I think the slightly lighter beaters balance them out some.

I agree that the IC beaters are great. Nice and light while not sacrificing power or volume.

One thing I will mention. I had an electronic set for a while with my IC Bass pedal. After about 5 minutes of playing, the head on the beater would flip backward (so that the felt was no longer hitting the pad). At that point the sharp plastic back was what was actually hitting the pad and it causes the pad to fray and wear away. Needless to say I had to switch the beater pedal before that happened (which was unfortunate because I had to switch to the bulkier DW style beaters). Not really sure how this happened, it must have just been hitting the pad at a weird angle that caused it turn around.

Non issue now though since that e-kit burned to the ground in a fire.

Funny thing is that DW and Tama usued to make the same pedal under different names when Tama and DW worked together after they purchased Camco. For my money, Tama has been the standard in pedal and beater production for years.

Back