Looking for a Rogers substitute strap

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey all,

So I put a word out to our Rogers expert here, John Ploughman, but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else can help me out.

I just picked up a Rogers Supreme pedal from the mid-70s to go with my Rogers kit I just got, and I always loved that pedal - in fact, I think Tama stole that design (with a few major modifications) to create their King Beat pedal - but that's another story. Anyway, I always thought the Rogers felt great when I played other peoples' new ones back in the day, so now I have one.

Mine has a strap that's original, it's in good shape, but it's pushing 40 years old. Does anyone here have a line on a replacement? I'm sure I'll need one soon. The Gibraltar straps I have for my Tama FlexiFlyer pedal are narrower in width than the Rogers, so I was wondering if anyone was making replacements in the same size out there?

And the strap for the Swiv-O-matic are not the same width, I checked. Apparently, there's people who make those straps.

I'd appreciate any and all info!

Try Drews Music in Woonsocket RI, Al drew is the man. He will probably have an NOS replacement. He has a ton of original NOS factory parts.

Bo,if John's guy dosen't for some reason have the strap,you can try nylon webbing that climbers use.Very tough stuff.

Steve B

Bo, if you can measure it and get the dimensions for everything I can make you some straps out of leather. Leatherworking is a hobby of mine and I probably could make some straps out of the scraps I have laying around.

Bo, if you can measure it and get the dimensions for everything I can make you some straps out of leather. Leatherworking is a hobby of mine and I probably could make some straps out of the scraps I have laying around.

Thanks for the offer! I'll take the existing strap off and measure it out and send you a PM when I can. I'm pretty busy the next few weeks and have gone back to using my trusty Flexi-Flyer as of late, but I promise I'll do that! I appreciate it!

I got a really strong butt strap for ya....

Sorry, it was a duck shot and I couldn't not take it.

:)

I have a Gibraltar strap drive pedal. I pulled off the strap and measured it. It's 7" long and 5/8" wide with holes on each end spaced 6 1/8 on center. If that's the same size as the Rogers strap it might be a less expensive alternative. It's made pf Kevlar, so it should last a good long time.

Back