Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

real name- Bev
age- 17
how long been playing- A bit over 4 years
origin of user name- I'm a girl. I drum. I wasn't feeling so creative...
top 5 drummers- (changes constantly)
Not sure, but Dave Grohl is my numero uno.
make of drumkit- Pearl
make of cymbal- Sabian and some shitty cheap other make I can't recall the name of.
where do you practice - Spare room in my house
are you in a band/s- Yes! The Valentinos, check us out
Originals- Yesyes.
what style of music- Punk, grunge, funk, reggae, rock, bitta everything!
Favorite take out food- meh.
Country- Ireland
Great to have you here Bev. Cool family band setup & loving your passionate drumming. Hope you stick around & join in. Andy.

hey, how's it goin'! i've been lurkin' here for about a month, and have found this place pretty helpful and informative, and the people around here seem cool enough. kinda like the drum version of the duncan forum? btw, some of you might recognize me from there as i've been a member there for a few years. i've been playing guitar for about five years, and just recently got a drum kit. anyways,

real name? ryan p!
age?19
how long been playing? a few months
origin of user name? the aquabats
top 5 drummers? um.... bonzo, travis barker, nicko mcbrain, the guy from 3eb, and....?
make of drumkit?dixon
make of cymbal?unfortunately, dixon for now
where do you practice? halfway between my room and my closet
are you in a band/s? nah
covers or originals? haven't really been playing long enough to do much of either, mostly still learning right now.
what style of music? hopefully all kinds of classic rock, early metal, reggae, punk, and ska.
favourite take out food? port-of-subs!
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? um, like yea:)
how did you start drumming? my buddy and i saw a beginner kit and he was like,"dude, we should totally just buy a kit!" "but we don't even know how to play?!" "can't be that hard, can it?" ha!

anyways, here's a pic of my kit. i custom painted it:
drumscompletelycomplete.jpg

i've got all evans heads on the toms and snare, with remos on the bass.

Hello there, time for my intro.(No pun intended..)

real name? Lari Hammarberg

age? 26 (born 23.1.1984)

how long been playing? 16 years.

origin of user name? My pseudonym, Noitavasara(witchhammer) in Norwegian.

top 5 drummers? Derek Roddy, Hellhammer, Nick Menza, Buddy Rich and Heikki Helo.

make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom and Beat with Yamaha hardware

make of cymbal? Stagg mostly, some Paiste and Alchemy ride.

where do you practice? Our bands rehearsal room, anywhere with pad & pedal

are you in a band/s? Yes, our band Auringon Hauta(Ethnic/folk/deathmetal)

covers or originals? Mostly originals, covers for the fun of it. ;)

what style of music? Extreme metal mostly, ethnic, rock and some jazz

favourite take out food? Kebab

country? Finland

one really odd fact about yourself? O' heck, i cant name any... Find out. :D

how did you start drumming? I've been drumming on any item with anything aviable since i was three year old and after lot of begging my mother bought me a drumkit when i was ten. Style was clear for me since day 1, metal. Thanks to Megadeth for that. ;)

real name? Alex
age? 15
how long been playing? 4 years
origin of user name? Game I was addicted to at the time
top 5 drummers? Changes ALOT but Aaron Gillespie,Matt Greiner,Dave Grohl cant really think right now
make of drumkit? Pearl (that's about to change to yamaha)
make of cymbal? Zildjian all the way
where do you practice? Storage shed and friends garage
are you in a band/s? Sort of
covers or originals? both
what style of music? Metalcore sometimes just nirvana-style rock
favourite take out food? Does KFC count?lol
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Not sure if this is odd but I have type 1 diabetes...
how did you start drumming? Thought I'd love it and I do!!

Last edited:

real name? Adam
age? 14
how long been playing? 2years
origin of user name? listen to mostly heavy/thrash metal
top 5 drummers? Lars Ulrich, John Bonham, Nicko McBrain, Thomas Lang, Phil Rudd
make of drumkit? Pdp
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? Basement
are you in a band/s? No. Used to be though...
covers or originals?
what style of music? Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
favourite take out food? Burgers
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself?
how did you start drumming? Wanted to play since I was little.

Hey what's up guys..? Im Joshua Delgado
23 years old
I've been playing drums for 7 years but most of the years I've spent it on study and work. :(
It just came up on my mind.
Dave Grohl, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Ian Paice, Taylor Hawkins
some generic but yet I would buy myself someday when I have money
sabian b8 and planning to upgrade :)
Im in a 3-piece band
some covers but we have originals all composed by our front man.
post-grunge alternative, punk and alternative-metal
mmm.. this question made me hungry. burgers/sandwiches and juice.
Im from the Philippines
that Im caught in between music (my interest about drums) and my job/work
Actually that crap rapcore band linkin park first opened my interest on rock music and drumming
:

Last edited:

real name? Dennis. How ya doin'?
age? 15
how long been playing? 2 or 3 years.
origin of user name? I love me some ska!
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Neil Peart, Thomas Lang, Keith Moon, 2-way tie between Roger Taylor and John Bonham (I know, I know)
make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? A well-ventilated Tuff Shed in my backyard. Surprisingly a very good practice/DIY recording space.
are you in a band/s? I have various jam sessions with my friends and music teacher, about all types of music.
covers or originals? Original improvisations
what style of music? Hardcore punk, swing, progressive, indie, garage, funk, jam etc. I love ska but most guitarists I play with struggle with playing the upstrokes.
favourite take out food? Take out? Hmm...Not sure.
country? United States.
one really odd fact about yourself? I was once dared to play drums naked in front of all my friends and how could I say no? I have zero inhibitions.
how did you start drumming? My brother wanted to start up a jam session when we were 12 so I learned to play, and I learned fast.

It's probably about time I did this...

how long been playing: A couple years.. 2-3, I guess.
origin of user name: Guess
top 5 drummers: Danny Carey, Buddy Rich, Steve Gadd, John Bonham, Neil Peart
make of drumkit: Tama
make of cymbal: Meinl
where do you practice: My basement
are you in a band/s: No
covers or originals: I play both.. I don't have any on YT or anything though.
what style of music: Mainly rock
favourite take out food: ..Pizza?
one really odd fact about yourself: Well I'm not sure about "odd" so much as "unlikely".. but since I'm the only one in the world that can say this.. I'm ranked #6 for Rock Band 2 drums on Xbox 360.. and I think saying that may take credit away from me as an actual drummer. Rest assured, I'm not some naive kid who decided that playing real drums is the same as playing a video game.
how did you start drumming: I've always been interested in drumming since I began listening to music.

how long been playing: 2 or so years
origin of user name: Guess
top 5 drummers: Jimmy Sullivan (RIP), Matt Greiner, Daniel Williams, Aaron Gillepse (sp?) , Keith Moon
make of drumkit: Mapex Meridian Maple (Natural Gloss)
make of cymbal(s): Sabian, Zildjian
where do you practice: My room
are you in a band/s: Yes
covers or originals: TDWP, Asking Alexandria, BFMV, Avenged Sevenfold, some originals.
what style of music: Metal (but i appreciate all music, and listen to other genres)
favourite take out food: Pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: I (somehow) knew how to play quads before i could even hold a simple double bass beat
how did you start drumming: Finally started generating enough income part time to save up for at the time was my first kit - a Gretsch blackhawk

Hey guys newbie and new drummer.

Just wanted to say hi, I just joined. I'm a record producer/singer/guitarist by profession and a devout air drummer...lol The long and short of it is I moved my studio earlier this year into a large facility and have a huge tracking room, well one day my buddy brought over and left his kit and we all started playing on it for fun. Since then I bought a Yamaha Oak Custom silver sparkle kit and have been practicing simple beats with a click. This week we also acquired a Bonham green sparkle Ludwig. So I got drums comin' out my butt. This week I bought a Tama drum metronome and started lessons with one of my session drummers on Friday. I am so excited, drums have always been a major thing in my life and I just love guys like Taylor Hawkins, Tommy Lee, Bonham, Copeland etc... So that's my story, I'm 46 and taking my first drum lesson.

DSC00062.jpg

greendrums.jpg

drums.jpg

Here's a very humbling video from yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XWQqVrFGek

Re: Hey guys newbie and new drummer.

Never too late to start! Welcome aboard.

Re: Hey guys newbie and new drummer.

You certainly have access to enough drums and cymbals to learn with.
Happy hitting!

how long been playing: About 7 years
origin of user name: Name of a Smashing Pumpkins song
top 5 drummers: (in no particular order) Chris Thatcher, Chad Smith, Jimmy Chamberlain, Erik Sandin, Danny Carey
make of drumkit: Tama
make of cymbal(s): Whatever sounds good
where do you practice: My room
are you in a band/s: Aside from high school concert, marching, and jazz bands... no.
covers or originals: Covers
what style of music: Ska, punk, rock, funk. Despite that fact that I'm in my schools jazz band, I detest playing and listening to the genre. Why am I in it you ask? I have no idea. :p
favourite take out food: Pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: I am infatuated with classic and retro video games.
how did you start drumming: I always wanted to learn an instrument. I tried piano and guitar, but to no avail. One day when I was 7 or 8, I decided I wanted a drum set. For my birthday I got a cheap First Act drum set. I joined the elementary school band where all you learn is how to hold the sticks properly, flams, 5 stroke rolls, and 9 stroke rolls. In 6th grade I started taking real, private lessons.

G'day Everyone
real name? Allan
age? 56
how long been playing? 40 years
origin of user name? The numbers refer to the month I first got internet access.
top 6 drummers? The late John Henry Bonham, Ringo Starr, Steve Gadd, Abe Vogel, Phil Rudd, Steve Prestwich.
make of drumkit? Tama Superstar Customs.
picture.php
[/IMG]
make of cymbal? Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian.
where do you practice? In my spare room, on my 32 year old Tama Swingstars.
are you in a band/s? Not at the moment, but have been rehearsing with some guys, with a view to forming one.
covers or originals? Covers.
what style of music? 70's 80's rock, & Country Rock.
favourite take out food? KFC
country? Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? I am playing better now than I did 20 years ago, I guess because I have time to practice now. That's the oddest fact I can think of.
how did you start drumming? On plastic containers in the lounge room, to the radio, It was that long ago, I don't really remember what age I was.

Hi there!

Played for how many years: Uh, two days so far.
Music style: Almost everything, but mostly rock
Favourite food: Macaroni
Live in: Vlaardingen, Netherlands (near Rotterdam)
Drum kit: Roland electric V-Drums 4-piece drumkit
Favourite bands: Dave Matthews Band, The Who, Dire Straits, and tons of other musicians and genres.
Favourite drummers: Keith Moon, Carter Beauford, Manu Katché, Gene Krupa, Neil Peart, and tons of other inspiring musicians.
Drumsticks: Vic Firth standard hickory 5A
How did I start dumming: I like rythmical music, and listening to Moon The Loon on The Who made me decide to try drumming. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. At the time of writing I still pretty much suck at it though. :)

Hi, everyone. My name is Maurice. I feel a little strange posting on a site with drummers almost young enough to be my grandchildren. I'm 63 and I just found this board. I have found the techniquec, general discussion and gear threads very helpful. I just signed up so I can post. Well, here goes.

How long have I been playing?- aprox. 51 years, since I was in the sixth grade.

Why did I start playing?- I had a HS band director who wanted to start a jazz band. We didn't have a drum set so we got an old marching BD and put a foot pedal on it, used what cymbals we had in the band room and made tom toms out of marching snare drums. I thought it was ok because I didn't know any better. A fer years later my parents bought me my first kit, a Lyra, which I kept for many years.

What is the origin of my user name? - I play Zickos drums I've owned since 1975. They have a big deep sound but the hardware isn't so good. I've replaced some of it, particulary the tom mounts. Any one else out there have any exprience with them?

What make of cymbal do I use? - Mostly Zildjen, that I have collected over the years, but I have 1 Paiste given to me by a former college band director and a recently purchased Dream crash I really like.

Where do I practice? - In my home when I do which is, unfortunately, not often enough. Most of my practice is on the job.

Am I in a band? - I play with "Talk of the Town", a 17 pc big band from the Glenn Miller tradidtion, The musicians are all ages from 20's to 80's. One even played in the USO bands in WWII. I also play in various pit orchestras for musicals and I am the tympanist with a local community orchestra

What style of music do I play? - Jazz, Rock, Classical, whatever is needed

Country- USA - I am from Oklahoma.

I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with members of this board.

Hey all! Decided to stop lurking...

Real name? Richard
Age? 22
How long been playing? Well, I wanted to from about 9, Rock Band gave me an outlet (sue me), my University course first allowed me behind a kit about 16 months ago and I've been properly pursuing it 13 months now. So, one of those numbers.
Origin of user name? Loved Grandia II.
Top 5 drummers? Shannon Lucas, Matthew McDonough, Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy and Joey Jordison
Make of drumkit? Mapex QR
Make of cymbal? Sabian/Paiste/Zildjian
Where do you practice? My Bedroom. My housemates have to deal, though one is a bassist so that works.
Are you in a band/s? Apparantly.
What style of music? Metal/Rock
Country? UK
One really odd fact about yourself? I have broken no bones below my neck.
How did you start drumming? University project on Punk Rock as theatre. I listen back on my drumming in those recordings and cringe...

real name? Robert
age? 30
how long been playing? Since 1998
origin of user name? Favorite style of custom motorcycle, also childhood nickname
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Ginger Baker, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Mitch Mitchell
make of drumkit? Ludwig Accent Zep Kit
make of cymbal? Sabian B8 14" Hi Hats, Zildjian EdgePro 16" Crash, Zildjian A-Custom 19" Crash, Zildjian Scimitar 20" Ride
where do you practice? In my basement
are you in a band/s? Not currently
covers or originals? I play mostly covers, but sometimes I just jam out
what style of music? Mostly classic rock, some punk, some blues
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? United States
one really odd fact about yourself? I have 4 pet snakes
how did you start drumming? I always wanted to play drums, but could never afford them as a kid, so I started playing guitar in 1993. I got a chance to play a friend of a friend's drum set in 1998 and that really rekindled the flame. I immediately bought my first set, a 5pc Percussion Plus, and it's been a blast since then. The guitar is collecting a lot of dust.

real name-pranav mishra

age-22

how long been playing-hand percussion since i was 13, drums for lyk 3 years now

origin of user name- my name :D

top 5 drummers-thomas lang, bonzo, kollias,roddy, chawng sir :)

make of drumkit-Tama Imperial Star

make of cymbal-sabian B8 pro, thin crash, crash ride,hi hat

where do you practice-thats the biggest problem, i stay away from my kit ,forever, mostly on pads(only hands)

are you in a band/s- Not currently

covers or originals- melodic covers, rest originals..

what style of music-metal, prog rock, prog, off stuff.. weird time signatures..

favourite take out food-indian,thai, Lebanese..i am a part time cook though..

country-India

one really odd fact about yourself -- Success Hates me..

how did you start drumming-- saw my mum hitting tables when she was really happy.. tried imitating her then,when i was 8.. since then may be... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back