Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

Wow Ive never introduced myself before, yet im a senior member....

real name?Matthew M.
age?16
how long been playing? 4 years
origin of user name? Avenged Sevenfold is one of my favorite bands. (EDIT: Not anymore, OH GOD I was so young back then....what was I thinking??)
top 5 drummers? Jo Jo Mayer, Marco Minnemann, Steve Gadd, Buddy Rich, Thomas Lang
make of drumkit? Ludwig
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? At my house
are you in a band/s? with myself
covers or originals? original
what style of music? hmmm idk
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? idk USA
one really odd fact about yourself? im in a band with myself. I sing and play drums, bass, guitar, and keys. No live shows for me!!
how did you start drumming? My dad got me a set for my b-day.

Last edited:

Newby

real name - Ian
age - 32
how long playing - 18 yrs
origin of username - soakin up the force I am
Top 5 drummers (no order) - Matt Cameron Jose Pasillas Chad Smith
Mike Bordin Carter Beauford
Kit - Taye ProX Stage 5pc. w/ cases
Cymbals - Sabian AA
practice - at home on a Remo Versatilic practice kit
band - yup
style - Rock
country - CANADA

hahaha im just turned seinior! awsome!!

real name?Alex Buchanan - Nick name is Barry
age? 17
how long been playing? 5 years
origin of user name? Its my name...i got called it cos a girl wanted to talk bout me widout me knowing so she talked bout Barry...then people startedcalling me it and i didnt no y until a year later ¬¬
top 5 drummers? Travis Smith (trvium) Joey Jordison (Slipknot) Justin Foley (Killswitch) Mike Mangini and any death metal drummer :D
make of drumkit? Pearl Blx
make of cymbal? Zildjian and Paiste
where do you practice? In my bedroom
are you in a band/s? Yep!! www.myspace.com/nochaa
covers or originals? original!!!
what style of music? Melodic Death Metal
favourite take out food? Indian, kebab or Indian
country? Wales, UK
one really odd fact about yourself? Ummmm..im called Barry :p
how did you start drumming? My dad used to sit me down infront of queen videos...Live or music videos..i used to love brain taylor... then i found out tht suase pans mad noices when hit wid spoons and toys...so i sat and watched queen wid pans and spoons. then my mum and dad gave me chopsticks to hit them wid to make less noise...then i moved to my current house...and took up guitar cos my rents didnt want a kit...then when i was 11/12 i got a lessons wid a guy round the corrner from my house...the rest is hisory :p hehe

Name:jarrod
Top 5 drummers (1): George kollias and Pete sandoval (2) Hellhammer (3) Joey Jordison i only have 4...
How long i have been playing: 4 yea
User name: my name..
Where i come from: australia, south aussie!
Practisez: my room
How i got into drumming: I saw a video or morbid angel and i herd his drum solo and it able me away so i started
Type of music Death metal!
Fav food: PASTA
Family back round: My grandparetns (2) of them are welsh and one is brazilion(half brazilion and half something else i dunno what) and aussie

panikstajan

hello,
my name is jannis.
i am 20 years old.
i live near frankfurt/ main, germany, in a small village called oberursel.

i've been playing drums for six years now.

i play a 12tt, 16st, 22bd, 14sd yamaha maple custom absolute in a black sparkle finish

i play in a very young, new foundet funkband.

bon nuit
panikstajan

real name? David
age? 18
how long been playing? 7 years
origin of user name? Name of a Dillinger Escape Plan song
top 5 drummers? In no particular order: Dave Weckl, Carter Beauford, Chris Pennie (Dillinger Escape Plan), Zach Hill (Hella, Team Sleep), Steve Gadd
make of drumkit? Pacific bass and toms, DW snare
make of cymbal? Sabian, Zildjian
where do you practice? My house
are you in a band/s? a two man instrumental band, and a church band
covers or originals? originals and covers
what style of music? funk, rock, experimental, progressive, and a little jazz thrown in for good measure
favourite take out food? Pizza and Wings
country? U.S.
one really odd fact about yourself? It's not really odd, but i'm self-taught.
how did you start drumming? Just bought a kit and started playing.

real name? Muratcan Akçay
age? 28
how long been playing? 7 years
origin of user name? MuratCan Akçay , I'm a mathematician so I cubed it ;)
top 5 drummers? M. Portnoy, T. Lang, Dave Weckl, Gary Chester, Dom Famularo
make of drumkit? I don't own acoustics - yet. But I have a Yamaha dtexpress III electronic kit to practice on (and maybe to use on gigs in the future, setting it with the acoustic)
make of cymbal? Zildjian ZBT HH and Ride, Sabian AAX 18" China, Wuhan 12", 14" China 12" Splash, İstanbul Alchemy 17", 18" Rock Crashes
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? Magick - Heavy Metal, debut album to be released in 2 weeks time. Tuşe - Rock&Pop Rock, playing covers in bars (mostly 80ies rock) and working on own songs for an album.
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Rock & Metal, just recently started practicing Jazz and Latin
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Türkiye
one really odd fact about yourself? I exist
how did you start drumming? My dad was a drummer and I used to sit on his lap while he played on stage when I was 3-4 years old... Later at high school we tried to form a band and there I picked up the sticks. I don't think I really started playing until much later when Magick was formed, tough.

Last edited:

real name? Hazel Brook
age? 21
how long been playing? 3 months
origin of user name? my ping ride cymbal, my favourite bit of my drumkit. it's mounted vertical because there's a wall in the way, i'm not sure how good this is but I seem to be able to play it alright there.
top 5 drummers? Don't know, not seen enough to know
make of drumkit? Beverley
make of cymbal? zildjian and the beverley ones that came with the kit
where do you practice? bedroom-a bit short of space
are you in a band/s? no
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? rock, bit of jazz
favourite take out food? chinese
country? england
one really odd fact about yourself? It's not that odd but I am mad on formula one and I' m going to silverstone for the grand prix next month, I can't wait.
how did you start drumming? started with obsessive tapping and then ages nagging to be allowed to buy a drum kit

Hi all,

Just a quick introduction. My name's Lisa, I'm new here and also new to drumming - VERY new. I had my first lesson 3 days ago and today I'm getting my drumkit. I've wanted to play for 20 years, and now at 34, I'm finally doing it!

A bit about me - I live in Sydney, Australia, and proud owner of a husband and 3 small children aged 7, 4 and almost 1. So I figure the drumming is going to be a great stress relief for me too!

real name? Gilbert
age? 26
how long been playing? 5 months
origin of user name?.Um when i was 18 Coal Chamber was one of my favorie bands along with Megadeth (who is still my favorite) combo of those.
top 5 drummers? NIcko McBrain, Martin Lopez, Chris Adler, Mike Portnoy, JoJo Mayer
make of drumkit? Sonor 1003
make of cymbal? Istanbul & Wuhan
where do you practice? In my room
are you in a band/s? KInd of...got one half started
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Metal
favourite take out food? McDonalds
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I collect Star wars...is that odd?
how did you start drumming? Um I played guitar since I was 14 and then just didnt want to play anymore, I still love good guitarbut just decided i wanted to learn something else. I dont think I was meant for guitar.

real name?
Jeroen Verheirstraeten.

age?

how long been playing?
9 years

origin of user name?
my fantasy

top 5 drummers?
I guess i'll skip the legends, but do wanna mention i've got a special keen vor Danny Cary, Virgil donati, Dave Garibaldi, Mike Mangini (REALLY GREAT BOOK THERE, rhythm knowledge...) and yea yea yea Travis Barker...

make of drumkit?
After playing several years on the beginners kit from "thunder" :) i decided I needed a power up. ..a Pearl,...really really happy with this... BRX masterseries, in colorsetting "midnight fade". .

make of cymbal?
Sabian

where do you practice?
Since i 'live in an appartment, got myself an electronic drumkid, so every day i practice in my appartment...the '"real" drum is in the place where we rehearse with our band waxflower.

are you in a band/s?
Waxflower. (website in profile, but no info on it untill our new cd in Sept.)

covers or originals?
originals, only 1 cover.

what style of music?
It all kinda begun with that happy punkrock blink 182 style. But we're evolving. Let's call it "happy rock". Or heavy subjects, in a lightly digestible jacket.
nothing to depressive in other words.

favourite take out food?
French fries!!! (and mind you all! french fries are from BELGIUM! NOT from france :) they are called french fries because the way they are cut 'french style'.

country?
Belgium

one really odd fact about yourself?
I like to talk backwards. Altough I can't do it in english

how did you start drumming?
I did several years musical education and 1 other instrument. Sax. But it kinda felt not really right...i was thinking about giving up playing music myself untill a cousin bought a drumset. One afternoon I went to play there and from the first moments I knew I was hooked. went there every day to play, untill my parents bought me one myself...It never stopped.

1.Real Name: Dave
2.Age:52
3.How Long Have I Been Playing? Roughly 40 years,on and off.
4.My Top Five Drummers: Carl Palmer,Bill Bruford,Mitch Mitchell,Ian Paice,John Bonham,the real list is endless...
5.Make Of Drumkit: Currently,I am using a Ludwig Classic Maple kit,black oyster pearl finish with two floor toms,sort of a "Ringo Bonham" set-up....
6.Make Of Cymbal: I've been using Paiste cymbals and Gongs exclusively since 1985.
7.Where Do I Practice: At home in a special music room that is home to several keyboards,including a Hammond organ,and an endless supply of CDs and LPs...
8.Am I In A Band: No.I just practice to CDs and assist the kids that come over to play music.Sometimes when they have a "time-signature problem" they call upon "the old man" to come and help them fix it...
9.Covers Or Originals: See above...
10.What Style Of Music: Anything that moves.I enjoy everything from 1970s Progressive Rock to modern Punk with alittle Jazz thrown in for complexity.Since my CD supply is so vast I am likely to practice with just about anything,even Hip-Hop...
11.Favourite Food: I live about 15 miles from the Mexican border,I'll let you take a guess...
12.U.S.A all the way..
13.Odd Fact About Myself: I can speak Gaelic
14.How Did I Start Drumming? When I first heard both Ginger Baker and Mitch Mitchell,that was enough to inspire me to start banging on pots and cardboard icecream tins.Eventually I graduated to a 4-piece gold sparkle Trump Drums outfit with a single 16" Ludwig Standard cymbal made by Paiste and things just took off from there.I don't I'll ever stop playing.

name:jesse
playing time:5months
make of drum kit:mapex
symbol:Remo ambbasodor
practice: at my friends place
style: country

real name? Ken
age? 29
how long been playing? Around two years on and off, but alot lately
origin of user name? Cartoon that I really liked a few years ago
top 5 drummers? Bonham, The Rev, Mike Portnoy, Dave Weckl, and well, anyone who inspires me
make of drumkit? ddrums
make of cymbal? anything that sounds good
where do you practice? A spare room
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals? N\A
what style of music? I like to play classic rock, folky, nothing too difficult, as I'm such a rookie
favourite take out food? Don't like processed food
country? US of A
one really odd fact about yourself? I HATE lima beans
how did you start drumming? A buddy of mine had a kit, and helped me get started

My Name is Mr. Echo.

My Drums where destroyed in a plane crash!

I now play "Air Drums" because I'm stuck on an Island

I like to type in numbers in a main frame computer,
write bible scriptures, build churches, carry a BIG
stick and kick some butts when needed.

Got to go now, computer is beeping again...

Mr Echo! i love you dude! props. haha. lay of the spam tho. Dog breath will hurt you. he bites.. thats why hes called "The dog"

real name? Michaël
age? 16
how long been playing? 6 years
origin of user name? LOTR
top 5 drummers? Dennis Chambers, Dave Weckl, Tony Royster Jr., .....
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? At home
are you in a band/s? Yes
what style of music? Everything (but really like to play metal now and then)
favourite take out food? everything
country? Belgium
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a boy
how did you start drumming? by buying a drum kit

real name? Mark
age? 35
how long been playing? 25 years
origin of user name? Just a childhood nickname
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Gene Krupa, Tommy Lee, Neil Peart, Bill Ward(Black Sabbath)
make of drumkit? Pearl Export series
make of cymbal? Zildjians- 15in. fast crash, 16in. medium thin crash, 16in. CustomA Fast Crash, 17in. CustomA Fast Crash, 18in. Projection Crash, 18in ZHT China, standard zildjian high hats, 20in Heavy Power ride
where do you practice? Down in my basement
are you in a band/s? Just jam with friends
what style of music? Hard Rock from the 70's and 80's
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? guitar freak
how did you start drumming? Heard Wipe-Out and instantly knew I wanted to play drums

real name? Edward James Broussard III
age? 19
how long been playing? 6 years
origin of user name? I love Asian women
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Bernard Purdie, Kenny Washington, David Garibaldi, Tony Williams
make of drumkit? Tama Rockstar
make of cymbal? Paiste 502s... except one Paiste Alpha splash
where do you practice? Basement or the University
are you in a band/s? various small jazz ensembles and I'm doing some internet projects
covers or originals? covers of originals... I didn't think jazz tunes were called covers.
what style of music? jazz, funk, rock
favourite take out food? anything asian
country? United States of America... but i'd love to live in Japan
one really odd fact about yourself? I love asian women
how did you start drumming? Divine inspiration when I was 13 told me that I should play the drums. No rhyme or reason...

real name? Anthony
age? 35!
how long been playing? (Drumset)-since high school. Snare since grammar school.
origin of user name? My drumset.
top 5 drummers? Max Roach, Tony Williams, Neil Peart, Will Calhoun, Elvin Jones, (Only 5?)
make of drumkit? Anyone remember enforcer drums? Well That's what I have.
make of cymbal? Zildjian!
where do you practice? House.
are you in a band/s? No, I write and record my own stuff!
covers or originals? Both, mostly originals!
what style of music? Jazz, rock, metal, 32nd notes on the bass drum, that was rough!
favourite take out food? Popeyes! yummmmmmmmmmmy and bad for ya.
country? USA in Connecticut.
one really odd fact about yourself? Not sure.
how did you start drumming? I started actually in high school and joined the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back