Mississippi Queen Cowbell

Muckster

Platinum Member
Does anyone know the manufacturer and model of cowbell Corky Laing used on that tune?

Back when .... nope, sure don't. But this probably sounds pretty close .....​

Attachments

• acc_hero_cow_bell_lg.jpg
    acc_hero_cow_bell_lg.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 652
Does anyone know the manufacturer and model of cowbell Corky Laing used on that tune?

When was that, 1971? You would first have to look and see who was making Latin-style cowbells at that point. Drum companies had very limited offerings, so it was probably not anything from Ludwig, Slingerland, Rogers, Gretsch, Camco, etc. and I don't believe Rhythm Tech was around yet.

If Latin Percussion was up & running at that time, I would guess it's theirs.

Bermuda

When was that, 1971? You would first have to look and see who was making Latin-style cowbells at that point. Drum companies had very limited offerings, so it was probably not anything from Ludwig, Slingerland, Rogers, Gretsch, Camco, etc. and I don't believe Rhythm Tech was around yet.

If Latin Percussion was up & running at that time, I would guess it's theirs.

Bermuda

LP has been up and running since the early 1960s, I believe. Chances are it was an LP bell, likely some kind of African (deeper) style bell because of the throaty sound.

I just received an email from Bob Larko at LP and he told me that assuming it was in fact an LP bell and based on the models available at the time, it would have likely been an LP205 Timbale bell or an LP206B Deluxe Bongo Bell.

To my ears, the Bongo Bell sounds closer.

We'll see if Corky responds. And yes Harry, just for grins, i ordered the Mississippi Belle above LOL.

Last edited:
Back