Muso movies

Re: Great music movies

Cadillac Records.

Eddie and the Cruisrers 1 AND 2 (2 = the best climax EVER !!!)

Almost Famous was a great movie, and had a real good soundtrack.

Supposedly that movie was based on Led-Zeppelin & since i'm on the subject how about "The Song Remains The Same" the gangster scene in the beginning is over the top funny with the techno-color blood & all..lol but of course the Dragster scene with Bonham is over the top ..COOL.

Bonzolead

what about "woodstock"? that's a documentary, but it was an inspiration to me in my youth.

I'm taking this to mean movies that have cool music in them or great soundtracks:

The Return Of The Living Dead
Pretty In Pink
Grosse Pointe Blank
Repo Man
The Wedding Singer
Rock n' Roll High School
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club

I'm taking this to mean movies that have cool music in them or great soundtracks:

The Return Of The Living Dead
Pretty In Pink
Grosse Pointe Blank
Repo Man
The Wedding Singer
Rock n' Roll High School
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club

Well now that I think about it, Beavis and Butthead Do America. Two great tunes, Rob Zombies Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks and Cannibal Girls and The Red Hot Chili Pepper's version of Roller Coaster of Love

And nobody mentioned "The Gene Krupa Story".It starred Sal Mineo who almost does Krupa as good as Krupa.Another couple of really good flix are "That Thing You Do"and "Almost Famous".All three of these films come fairly close to the reality of the music biz at their perspective place in time.

Steve B

Rock And Roll High School
That Thing You Do !
The Ruttles 1 AND 2 (2 is pretty darn good. much better than expected.)

Mambo Kings! Ah, Lovely Maria!

"All Night Long."

Dave Brubeck, Tubby Hayes, John Dankworth and, wait for it, Charles Mingus are in it, playing themselves, and I mean they actually play music.

It's a weird story about a rich guy who throws an all-night jam session/party that takes place in a fabulous house on the Thames.

And nobody mentioned "The Gene Krupa Story".It starred Sal Mineo who almost does Krupa as good as Krupa.Another couple of really good flix are "That Thing You Do"and "Almost Famous".All three of these films come fairly close to the reality of the music biz at their perspective place in time.

Steve B

I liked "the Gene krupa Story". Weren't they supposed to make a movie about Buddy Rich also?

My favorites are "Spinal Tap" and "Almost Famous".

There are way more than I thought, Sheesh. If I saw one a night it would take a year.

There are certainly many movies those are made on the music themes, And few of them are high school musical movie series and from the recent releases Glee the 3D concert movie. These are the some very good movie to enjoy to lost in the rhythm of the music. And from the upcoming movies I am excited to Download Thunder soul movie. As the trailers of the movie goes. This movie is based on the story of a band and their way toward success after a long struggle. So the theme of the movie is very exciting. I hope the movie will also be as promising as it seems from the trailers of the movie.

jazz on a summers day (fantastic documentation od that time, just love the cool audience)
high fidelity
how the west was won
(some kind of monster, anvil, live after death)

Disney's Fantasia is right up there for me, one of the greatest films of all time in my estimation.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned 'The Kids Are Alright', that's one of my favourites.

I would have to say I thought Anvil was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I actually felt like standing up and cheering at the end.

I don't think I saw it here, but if you can definetly check out "Hard Core Logo". It stars Hugh Dillon formerly of the headstones as the lead singer of an aging punk band on the road trying one more comback tour. Really powerful and gritty.

Back