a question based on science.....

I came into this thread thinking "yeah, SCIENCE!" but then i realised you were on about BIOLOGY :p. Okay well the thing about the right and left hemispheres being responsible for creative/abstract and logical thinking respectively is not nesicerally entirely true but it is said that the left hemisphere does tend to be more cognative and works through things in a logical manner whereas the right hemisphere tends to look at the whole picture more and think through things differently. So there.

I came into this thread thinking "yeah, SCIENCE!" but then i realised you were on about BIOLOGY :p. Okay well the thing about the right and left hemispheres being responsible for creative/abstract and logical thinking respectively is not nesicerally entirely true but it is said that the left hemisphere does tend to be more cognative and works through things in a logical manner whereas the right hemisphere tends to look at the whole picture more and think through things differently. So there.

Oh, that's said is it? lol.

Look at some studies regarding facial recognition and hemisphere bias. Will answer most of the question.

Grasping all the way.....

Color, dimension, and imagination for the right brain.

My creativity never gets above my waist.

Check on RUSH´s, Hemispheres front cover album. It will answer your question, the dancer? or the man with the hat? standing on the brain...

I do not believe many studies, artistic expressions, or physicals acts actually are isolated in one hemisphere over another. When reading and playing music, you are counting, reading ahead and calculating what you are going to do.

This seems to me that both the right and left hemispheres are being employed. When drawing or painting you have to make a few calculations and switch between the right and left hemispheres.

Programming is usually associated with the math and sciences, yet it is a very creative expression.

When doing math calculations, I sometimes have to be very creative in finding solutions. There were times when I would actually dream about Calculus problems that were bothering me during waking hours. The right hemisphere is supposed to be responsible for dreaming and the left is supposed to be responsible for math and science.

In ENGLISH we call that a dangling sentence :p

Are we talking about drummers brains, or normal peoples brains? Please clarify!

Back