SPDSX - how do I trigger two sounds from one pad?

Carl1969

How do I trigger two sounds from one pad, I'm not refering to the sub pad. I want to trigger a different sound when I accent on a pad. I would like to trigger an open hi hat sound when I accent basically.
Another thing, I couldn't get a hi hat trigger pedal to work with it which is why I'm trying to go this Route.

This is one of the things I'm hoping they can fix with a firmware update. For what you want, We need to be able to set the main wave to trigger when velocity is between like 1 and 100 and then the subwave triggers between 101 and 127. This would be for an accent or in your case an open hihat.

Or maybe they'll add variable controller functionality to the foot switch so you could use it with a hihat pedal.

Velocity sensing is an absolute must though if they have an update.

I'm with you. Love the SX. Just a few features that should have been included(and can be) that will make it a must have for so many more drummers.

I have the spd 30 as well. It's awesome. Just not so for live use unless your just using it for one shot sounds. Thats where i realized the sx needs to have velocity sensing waves. The phrase looper on the 30 is so much fun. Just difficult in a live setting. Even with the latest update.

This is one of the things I'm hoping they can fix with a firmware update. For what you want, We need to be able to set the main wave to trigger when velocity is between like 1 and 100 and then the subwave triggers between 101 and 127.

That's a trait of a more expensive sampler/module. Roland is only going to give away so much for the $799 asking price.

I do agree that a self-contained pad with more pro capabilities would be a good idea. The SPD-SX is "almost there" in a few areas, but it's just an improved version of its predecessor, not something that does different things. It's like they didn't talk to users at all to find out what they wanted in a new unit. I've made suggestions in writing to Roland, but they've apparently fallen on deaf ears.

That said, I do use mine on the road, though somewhat begrudgingly. When asked how I like it, the most honest thing I can say is "it's fine." It's certainly easier than dealing with a Kat and a Kurzweil K2600, but it only does about 1% of what those units do. I kinda miss them.

Bermuda

That's a trait of a more expensive sampler/module. Roland is only going to give away so much for the $799 asking price.

Is it really though? The spd30 has it. The spd s has it. The m12 has it. The spd20 has it. I don't want to bash the SX cause it really does a lot for me. But they just have to be able to add this in. Will they? I just don't know. I'm still new to edrums so I don't know how they work with updates an all. The issue I can see them having with this tho is the variables That we have control over. Such as sample size. On the spd s, could you put a back track in and have another subwave at a different velocity? Not that you would but how would the unit handle it.

I bought this to mainly handle keyboard sample tracks however I find it does much more. I'm really enjoying the new possibilities that this machine is presenting. Remember, this is in addition to my acoustic set up.

I bought this to mainly handle keyboard sample tracks however I find it does much more. I'm really enjoying the new possibilities that this machine is presenting. Remember, this is in addition to my acoustic set up.

I got it to replace a bass player who just didnt want to practice. Since then he's been on his best behavior. And just like you, I quickly realized the potential of this thing. Glad to see someone else who enjoys it.

They still need to add in the ability to trigger the 2 waves per pad based on velocity and not just at the same time. (Im going to keep saying it until they fix it.lol)

Back