Can we have a 'like' button?

Re: Can we have a like button

Well no thanks for the short sighted surly replies from those that choke the forum.

To clarify.

I'd like to be able to "like" "thumbs up" "kudos" or "star" individual posts within a thread that catch my appreciation where I may lend my support or approval.

Check www.head-Fi.org for a nice "in thread" thumbs up button that lets me easily interact with individual posts. I feel included and easily at that.

Well no thanks for the short sighted surly replies from those that choke the forum.

To clarify.

I'd like to be able to "like" "thumbs up" "kudos" or "star" individual posts within a thread that catch my appreciation where I may lend my support or approval.

Check www.head-Fi.org for a nice "in thread" thumbs up button that lets me easily interact with individual posts. I feel included and easily at that.

And again, I will stage a full revolt if there is not also a "hate" button implemented.

To clarify.

Well perhaps if you had considered your original post and spent more time on it then the 'short-sighted, surly' replies wouldn't have happened.

See my point?

The absolute only thing I would like to see added or changed is a classifieds section. That's it.

Last edited:

God forbid I should be encouraged to freely enjoy.

I think perhaps you should look at "availability heuristics".

There are a number of them. They relate to the psycological process of knowledge.

There is one which is of particular interest.

It dictates that our decisions are based upon the most immediately available connection.

In your case I believe this has taken place between my wish to add weight or note to a particularly pleasing post and "Facebook"

Due to this negative link you have been unable to apply a truly subjective perspective. As Is the case for a number of posts in reply.

I have applied an entirely subjective view - mine.

It is also my view that thread ratings and 'likes' mean very little and certainly add nothing to a discussion. I've seen it happen on other forums and all it has done is rile up the posters and allow others to take cheap shots.

I'm not actually entirely sure what you're trying to say. If you explained yourself clearly, it might give us all a greater insight.

It dictates that our decisions are based upon the most immediately available connection.

However, in this case, the decisions' outcomes are utterly meaningless. If you'd like to express gratitude for a post, do that with words. Tell them what you liked about it. Not the most general, platitudinous expression possibly ever invented.

However, in this case, the decisions' outcomes are utterly meaningless. If you'd like to express gratitude for a post, do that with words. Tell them what you liked about it. Not the most general, platitudinous expression possibly ever invented.

The expression of acknowledgment?

I have applied an entirely subjective view - mine.

It is also my view that thread ratings and 'likes' mean very little and certainly add nothing to a discussion. I've seen it happen on other forums and all it has done is rile up the posters and allow others to take cheap shots.

I'm not actually entirely sure what you're trying to say. If you explained yourself clearly, it might give us all a greater insight.

No, a 'like'.You know, literacy is one of the great wonders of the modern age.

A "like" is an expression for me. Please stop being stupid I've had enough.

Agree 100% with you here but I THINK Grunt was invoking the old "If you can't say anything nice, don't bother saying it at all" quote.

And all the time I thought it was "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me."

Back