What is the point, or meaning of life?

This is not a Tool thread.

...but this a forum of musicians and we are using examples of spirituality expressed through music, sorry...that irristible prog promotion urge aswell, before Tool, musicians like us (when we occasionally congregated in discussion) would rave about Rush, Frank Zappa, Deep Purple and Dream Theater...sorry even some drummers are still discussing how epic Dream Theater is...

...I will delete my previous post so as not to poison other's minds with potentially misleading information that goes off on a tangent from what the meaning of life is...

No need to do that. But Maynard can post himself. Let's hear what the members think about the meaning of life.

This is not a Tool thread.

And this is not a love song. Will this damage my Public Image? :)

aydee said:
Tandoori Chicken is overrated, Pol you haven't lived if you haven't tried a Dosa.

My own take on the meaning of life.. hmmmm... when its dark, I can see the stars?

Haven't tried a dosa, Abe. Usually it's been palak paneer since I've decided to give chickens a break, but I always enjoyed Tandoori chook at the local Indian restaurant. The food is great there, which is why most of its clientele are Indian. Next time I go there I'll look for dosa.

Your darkness and stars quote reminds me of a poster I saw on a bus many years ago. There was a picture of cloudy day with the silhouettes of a boy and a man looking at the sky. The words underneath read:

One day when the sky is a sink of fatty white I ask him what colour is the sky and he says blue. Look I say and again ask what colour. He stares up at the dullness of it, the low whited out mist of it and says the sky is blue.

And Groucho's quote reminds me psychologist, Dan Gilbert's, talk about happiness? It's long but well worth the time IMO

I must be getting old - almost everything reminds me of something I've seen before!

BD, LOL ... "that irresistible prog promotion urge" ... classic :)

OK, so let's say you figure the meaning of life out.

What do you do with that information?

OK, so let's say you figure the meaning of life out.

What do you do with that information?

Sell it on ebay. Or offer 2 for the price of 1, with free postage and packaging, with the bloke from the shamwow ads telling us that he aint seen nuttink like this before.

Before searching for the meaning of life on this little planet, it is best that we consider the universe doesn't give a crap about what we think. In fact, the universe would plod along just fine if we all stopped thinking entirely. Things are best understood in perspective. As such, I present Earnest Cline:

http://www.slick.com/dmd/dancemonkeysdance.htm

I'd like to know what you guys and girls think the point or meaning of life is?
What is the point, or meaning of the question? Are you going to enlighten us with your take as a point of reference for the discussion? I suppose it's too late for that, but don't be coy, let's hear it. I feel like we're being baited.

Back