Sonor DP472R double kick

cygnadu

hey everyone,

i was looking at this model to get as my first double kick pedal, 120 bucks, brand new

couldn't find many reviews on the thing online, so does anyone here have any thoughts on this model? are there better options for an entry level double kick pedal? thanks in advance

Re: Sonor DP472r double kick

What is your current pedal? If you like it I would get the same model in a double, or see if there is a slave unit for it.

I don't have any experience with this particular pedal, but have owned 3 double pedals. The main issue with any of them was always the drive shafts' u-joints. If you plan on doing some major double kick work, expect them to eventually wear out.

Re: Sonor DP472r double kick

What is your current pedal? If you like it I would get the same model in a double, or see if there is a slave unit for it.

I don't have any experience with this particular pedal, but have owned 3 double pedals. The main issue with any of them was always the drive shafts' u-joints. If you plan on doing some major double kick work, expect them to eventually wear out.

i just have a pearl stock pedal.

this sonar pedal just caught my eye because of the price; it seems like a good beginner double kick pedal.

and i don't plan on doin any major double kick, i'm mostly interested in playing slower songs.

I would imagine it should be fine then. You should try to test drive them first if you can. Actually, you should test drive everything in your price range. You may hate the pedal, or find something else you prefer.

I would imagine it should be fine then. You should try to test drive them first if you can. Actually, you should test drive everything in your price range. You may hate the pedal, or find something else you prefer.

+1

I'd also consider saving up for a better pedal instead, as with entry-level double pedals, I find that you may run into some barriers. Once your skill improves sufficiently, these entry pedals will leave you wanting, whether it's more features you crave, or a better feel.

Either way, definitely test-drive as many pedals as you can.

Cheers!

heh, that's the thing--i'm lookin at this sonor pedal in a local ad, so can't test drive it; it's brand new tho, so i'm not worried bout it bein worn out.

i do have a music store near me, and i have quickly looked at some of their double kick pedals, but they're all upwards of 160. haven't tried em out, but maybe i should do that before i decide if i wanna take a chance with the sonor pedal.

a caveat: i've only been playin for 2 months, so i'm not really sure how to judge the quality of a pedal, other than it feelin comfortable.

I would definitely recommend that you try out the pedals at the store first. Though you may not be able to tell the differences between price ranges, in testing out the pedals it should become readily apparent why some pedals command a higher price range than others. Look at all the different features which the pedals offer. In fact, get the drum guy at the store to help you out - it's much easier having someone discuss it all in person!

Cheers!

These have caught my eye as well, but I really want the 600 series double. It's like a giant step that doesn't cost 1000$lol But I imagine that the 400 series is a fine pedal at a price point...German engineering tends to be some of the finest. in my experience.

Back