Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Great Site, awesome community, good to be a part of it!!!

real name? Jamie (go figure?)

age? 35

how long been playing? 20 years

origin of user name? Short version of Jamie

top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Mike Bordin, Rose Morgan, Jo Jo Mayer, Stewart Copeland

make of drumkit? DW Collectors

make of cymbal? Paiste

where do you practice? Home and rehearsal studio

are you in a band/s? yes 1

covers or originals? Originals

what style of music? This band is alternative rock, however all plays tickle me :)

favourite take out food? Hong Kong BBQ

country? Australia

one really odd fact about yourself? I can speak like Donald Duck.

how did you start drumming? 12 years of age, neighbour played guitar and had a drumset, the rest is history.

Re: Hello From Greece

I am also Greek.Nice to find someone else from Greece here. :)
My name is Nick,nice to meet you.

real name? Tim
age? 17
how long been playing? ±2 years
origin of user name? Ironic, becuase I dislkie typoes.
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Gavin Harrison, Mark Heron, Michael Roponus, Andy Edwards
make of drumkit? No particular preference, ddrum right now.
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? basement
are you in a band/s? No, but I'll jam with friends every now and then.
covers or originals? I like both.
what style of music? Rock in general, however I gravitate towards progressive.
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? My drumming face is weird.

I'm also known as Typo on the Sabian forum.

real name? Matthew
age? 19
how long been playing? 2 years
origin of user name? My initials with my favorite number
top 5 drummers? Way too hard to name 5
make of drumkit? DW - Yamaha, played on just about ever yamaha and they're easy to tune and sound amazing. Everyone in my area loves Pearls and I think they're the worst brand name drum set ever made(only my opinion)
make of cymbal? Zildjian A's and Wuhan
where do you practice? Room, Church
are you in a band/s? 2 bands, possibly a third soon
covers or originals? Half and half
what style of music? I play everything from death metal, to rock, pop, jazz. You name it and I bet one of my bands does it. My favorite would probably have to be rock though.
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself?
how did you start drumming? Had to do some type of music class in high school, so I decided band would be the coolest! Didn't really care for the drums while I was in high school though, but then one of my friends asked if I wanted to be in a band. So we started a band, and we've already recorded one CD that has sold about 500 copies in 4 months(not too bad for some new kids who don't know much ;) haha ) and my other band is about to record a CD as well, which should sell about double the copies my first cd did in the same amount of time. Needless to say, I now have a pretty big passion for drums and I'm constantly trying to learn, because honestly I don't know much at all!

real name? Greg
age? 59
how long been playing? 48 years
origin of user name? Anonymous Inventions is my recording project
top 5 drummers? Hard to name 5
make of drum kit? Ludwig Classic maple
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? Home studio
are you in a band/s? 2 bands, not related to Anonymous Inventions recording project: one in FL and another in MN
covers or originals? Anonymous Inventions records original jazz fusion; FL band is a funk/rock/blues cover bar band; the MN band is a 60s and early 70s cover band with 3 female back-up singers!
what style of music? Jazz fusion is my preferred style
favorite take out food? Chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I've been an attorney for 31 years
how did you start drumming? My cousin bought a set of drums and I took them over

Last edited:

real name? Odd-Arne

age? 34

how long been playing? drums dabbling 10 years (seriously about 3 years), guitar 23, music 28

origin of user name? My mom and dad gave it to me

top 5 drummers? Hard to do, but right at the top something like Vinnie Colaiuta, Paolo Vinaccia, Trilok Gurtu, David Garibaldi & Jeff Porcaro

make of drum kit? Gretsch and Zildjian with Gretsch, Longo and G. Way snares

where do you practice? at home and at the schools I teach at

are you in a band/s? I gig in my old regular bands during my vacations. On regular gigs I still play mostly guitar.

covers or originals? both

what style of music? everything except metal

favorite take out food? thai

country? Norway

one really odd fact about yourself? To most people everything about me is odd. Hence my name is also Odd.

how did you start drumming? When I went to Players School of Music as a guitar student, I had the opportunity to get some lessons with the late David Via and just toyed around with it for a while until I lately have had the time to take it more seriously.

Last edited:
Also, I live pretty far away from the cities where music stores exist and where I could probably get a permanent teacher. I don't think my parents have enough time take me on a 2 hour drive to the cities every weekend, though. And I have school and all too, so...

Yeah.

What else is there to......Oh.

I guess I am playing snare for marching band this summer, if that means anything. I first learned how to hold the sticks right from my band teacher, even though I play clarinet in band haha.
That reminds me I also am taking piano lessons from a local teacher, and have some xylophone experience, because I play the xylophone in our school's upcoming play.
So, I guess I'm somewhat multi-instrumental if that's even a legitimate word, lol.

I wonder if finding some jam partners would help widen my perspectives as to drumming? Probably...

Anyway, sorry for the double post, lol.

New here!

Hello all,

My name is Adam, and I'm from West Virginia. I'm 23, been playing for 10 or 11 years, mostly in rock/punk/hardcore/metal settings, but I love tons of musical styles, a lot of folk and bluegrass, etc. I'm a Ludwig enthusiast, and I love huge drums. Glad to be here!

Re: New here!

I'm a Ludwig enthusiast, and I love huge drums.

Welcome to Drummerworld. You've come to the right place ... lots of Ludwig fans ... and lots of big drum fans. My Luddie kit 26, 13, 16, 18 (B/O badge 6 ply).

Welcome. Well I won't hold the Ludwig thing against you, but I agree on the huge drums. :)

Real name? Bab
age? 19
how long been playing? 7-8 yrs, seriously for 4 yrs
origin of user name? Really?
top 5 drummers? Fave drummers include Steve Jordan, Mitch Mitchell, Jimmy Chamberlin, Chris Dave.
make of drum kit? Gretsch Blackjawl
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? Home, churcch, on stage, and in your living room.
are you in a band/s? I play w/groups of ppl.
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Rock, African, Neo-soul, Jazz, w/e
favorite take out food? Pizza
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself?
how did you start drumming? I feel in love (5 yrs after my dad forced me) by hearing Mitch Mitchell

Hah, thanks guys!

My current two sets are a Ludwig Classic Maple in Champagne Sparkle, 26x16, 14x11, 18x16, and a Mapex Pro M in natural, 24x18, 13x10, 16x16 and 18x16. I just like that big thunderous sound I suppose!

I'm very jealous of the 6 ply, I've never got the chance to play one myself, but they sound awesome in everything I've heard.

Hey! I'm new, but not...

Hey yall, i first want to state that i came to this forum like 6 months ago and left.. I now feel drums are happening thing with my life and there is no return, so why not be around others who feel the same!

Well a little about me, I'm 18, still id consider myself a noob drummer, but i do have a great desire to excel. Ive been on/off playing drums since 16 and tbh, its all i want to do these days. I'm not sure if i can really contribute to these forums so ill mostly be lurking and reading.

Drums, I have a 1980 something standard Pearl Export.

Cymbals: I have;Paiste 2002 15" sound-edge hats, Paiste 2002 24" ride, Paiste 2002 18" medium crash, Paiste 2002 16" crash, and am in the market for a Paiste 2002 20" medium.

My biggest Inspirations have to be, Mitch Mitchell, John Bonham, Bill Ward, and Nick Mason.

Anyways, ive got to go now, it will be nice seeing yall around!

Last edited:
Re: Hey! I'm new, but not...

Welcome to the forum! I just got here a few months ago, great place great people and a wealth of information.

Real name? Luke
Age? 18
How long been playing? since Oct '08
Origin of user name? Nickname
Top 5 drummers? Joey Jordison, Keith Moon, Kevin Sawka, Ryan Richards, Mike Pendicone/Bob Bryar
Make of drumkit? Mapex Horizon HX
Make of cymbal? Paiste, Stagg, Zildijan, Pearl
Where do you practice? My garage and my band's studio (Bok Studios, Sheffield)
Are you in a band/s? Yes: http://www.myspace.com/chroniclesofgraham, http://www.myspace.com/vagrantkingmusic
Covers or originals? Mainly originals in the bands, some covers, some to youtube sometime hehe
What style of music? Name it
Favourite take out food? Chinese, Pizza or Kebab
Country? England
One really odd fact about yourself? Nothing about myself, just myself
How did you start drumming? Got to sixth form, offered free lessons, then just started playing along with whatever was on my MP3 player...

Hey ho,
I am from germany and music is my greatest hobby.
I'll buy a drum kit in the next few weeks and I hope to find some help here. .

I'm a guitarist, but I really like playing the drums of our drummer, so I decided to buy one.

I like ska, punk, rock and some metal stuff (especially symphonic metal)

Glad to be here!

I have been in the forum for quite some time,but never really introduced myself.So:
real name? Nikolas
age? 17
how long been playing? 5 years
origin of user name? Well my name
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich,Jack Dejohnette,John Bonham,Nicko McBrain
make of drumkit? Yamaha Rydeen
make of cymbal? Zildjian K custom dark
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? I am in a band,we are called Collateral Damage,we don't have myspace or something,we play for fun and maybe a gig sometimes
covers or originals? Both,have a few originals,I may post some when we record them
what style of music? Almost everything
favourite take out food? Pizza,Chinese,Burger and of course Souvlaki
country? Greece
one really odd fact about yourself? If it is odd that I smoke a pipe at my age,but nothing else
how did you start drumming?Well my mother asked me when I was 12 if I wanted to start lessons for an instrument and I told her I wanted to learn drums.I really thank her for that and haven't regret my choice.

This is me.Nice to meet you all. :)

I am a newbie here..

Hello everyone,
My name is Mike and I am just 26 years old..!!
I am from New York city and running my own software house..!! I have very much interest of playing drums..So I am here for getting interact with other drummers here and want to collect some useful tips,suggestions and other value able information..I hope you guys will enjoy my company here...!!! :)

Short intro

Hi
Just registered here and thought i would give a brief self intro-

My name is John (original username!), I live in Tamworth UK with my partner. Children have left home now so just the two of us and our faithful bull terrier `Jack`.

I started playing on and off through school years then seriously with a a couple of bands from around 18, with the final band coming to an end in the late 80`s after becoming disillusioned with the whole music business thing and all the promises and expectations that never came to fruition. Although I would have continued with the band but the other guys just seemed to run out of steam and enthusiasm.
I have never lost my desire to play drums and music being my all time greatest mistress, vowed that one day I would return to the `throne`........Well, after over 20years of raising kids and doing the `grown up` stuff I finally bought a Roland TD12 last November for my birthday (49). Have played consistently for the last 6months and am enjoying it more than ever!!!!! (the advantages of e-kits).
The kit has grown somewhat since and through all its changes and permutations is now somewhere close to what I want in relation to gear, playability and how I like a kit to look. It`s a bit of a mutant with acoustic bass drum converted to `e`s, also a couple of converted acoustic toms, one to my left and one right as low floortoms. Hart dynamics and Roland toms with assorted Roland cymbals all running through 2 TD12`s and a TD6 brain and a Mackie proFX12. Not to everyones taste but I love it.
So, more of a musical intro (pun unintentional) to what I have read so far on here a great site for like minded people.
Looking forward to posting and spending some time here.

Cheers
John

Hi
I think I may have posted this in the wrong place initially!

Just registered here and thought i would give a brief self intro-

My name is John (original username!), I live in Tamworth UK with my partner. Children have left home now so just the two of us and our faithful bull terrier `Jack`.

I started playing on and off through school years then seriously with a a couple of bands from around 18, with the final band coming to an end in the late 80`s after becoming disillusioned with the whole music business thing and all the promises and expectations that never came to fruition. Although I would have continued with the band but the other guys just seemed to run out of steam and enthusiasm.
I have never lost my desire to play drums and music being my all time greatest mistress, vowed that one day I would return to the `throne`........Well, after over 20years of raising kids and doing the `grown up` stuff I finally bought a Roland TD12 last November for my birthday (49). Have played consistently for the last 6months and am enjoying it more than ever!!!!! (the advantages of e-kits).
The kit has grown somewhat since and through all its changes and permutations is now somewhere close to what I want in relation to gear, playability and how I like a kit to look. It`s a bit of a mutant with acoustic bass drum converted to `e`s, also a couple of converted acoustic toms, one to my left and one right as low floortoms. Hart dynamics and Roland toms with assorted Roland cymbals all running through 2 TD12`s and a TD6 brain and a Mackie proFX12. Not to everyones taste but I love it.
So, more of a musical intro (pun unintentional) to what I have read so far on here a great site for like minded people.
Looking forward to posting and spending some time here.

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back