C&C custom drums?

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Can anyone help me out? On the site there are so many pics of great kits, but they don't say what colour they are. And when you go to pick a colour for you're kit, they give you no swatches for it....has anyone bought fro them before? There kits look stunning!....par example, this is the colour that i want, but there is no listing for what colour it is.....http://web.mac.com/ccdrums/c&c_photo_gallary/snap_shots.html#67

Attachments

• transparent.gif
    transparent.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 7,908
C&C are super expensive, from what I have seen, and their manufacturing process does not appear to differ much from, say, Pork Pie, N&C, Spaun, etc. If you are going to spend super huge money, then I suppose go after Craviotto. Otherwise, a good Noble & Cooley or Spaun kit will do great at more than half the cost.

Every C&C kit I've played has been wonderful. They have all sounded huge.

Most custom shops keep track of their production and will be able to re-create or come very close to a previously created finish. If you like something on their site, tell them what it is and they will do it.

Also, posted prices and street prices are two different animals. If you see something you like and think you can afford call them for a quote.

C&C are super expensive, from what I have seen, and their manufacturing process does not appear to differ much from, say, Pork Pie, N&C, Spaun, etc. If you are going to spend super huge money, then I suppose go after Craviotto. Otherwise, a good Noble & Cooley or Spaun kit will do great at more than half the cost.

from what i have seen a C&C can possibly cost you $4000 (minimum i guess) but the same kit in craviotto it would cost you $6,500 to $7000...pretty big difference, and if i can get a relatively cheap enough quote on a C&C i might just take it, the currency exchange is a blessing!.....a C&C could end up costing only €2,700....which is not too bad!

From what I recall you can get a three or four piece for less than $4kUS.

If they are what you want I can't see you being let down. Caldwell makes great stuff.

From what I recall you can get a three or four piece for less than $4kUS.

If they are what you want I can't see you being let down. Caldwell makes great stuff.

If you can find me a drum shop that will sell a four piece for $4,000 or less i will eat my hat! (not really....don't own a hat)

Maxwell drum seems like the cheapest and steve's lowest price for me was $5,600

well actually finding an internet shop won't really matter, the point in getting a custom drum is that you can design it yourself...i have sent in an enquirey and hope to get back a price in the next week or so...but the price will probably be around $5,500

C&C I actually turned down an Endorsement from those guys. Ya know their kits are awsome and you can design them however you want, but 50% of a 6000$ kit really isnt that much..haha oh well i have a OCDP custom.

I hear ya with those prices, but they also make the standard wrapped/oiled/painted kits. It's worth mentioning they now have their own shells (the Barcelona drummer told me that two days ago).

The drums on that page are probably not their more budget models. Mahogany with single-ply re-rings and wood hoops isn't cheap. The abalone kits are notoriously pricy, but worth it if you like the look.

I actually got endorsed by C&C Custom drums and they said I would get 50% off also but still ended up paying $800.00 for my snare. Also I paid it off right away and that was July 2009 and I still don't have it and hardly hear from them. So, be careful with their service. I've been told every month that I'll see it by early next month. Or I call and they say I'll have it in ten days. They just got away from Keller shells too from what they tell me when I try nd get my snare. So they have their own shell molds now, pretty sweet.

I have a great set of C&C's i'm getting ready to sell 8x13 20x24 14x16 and 16x18, they sound amazing just needing to cut back on how many kits I have

The C&C Abalone kit with the stripes that is in the Memphis Drum Shop vid is stunning!
$6000 on sale! It's a steal!
I could just see me playing that at one of my $50 gigs!
If I owned a kit like that I would sleep next to it!

I like the C&C Drum company, I have talked to them and I have found them great and easy to deal with. Saying that the product they make is good but you pay for it. If your going to spend or have the finances to spend 6k on a drum kit, why would you not consider a Sonor SQ2 or a Pearl Reference kit. I understand the custom idea, but for more reasons such as bigger name company or even resale value, although I guess you would probably never sell, but an SQ2 for the same price seems like a no brainer to me. But what do I know?
Those C&C are nice!!!

Back