What types of music do you listen to?

Hey guys.
Just want to know what kinds of music everyone else listens to on this.

Personally I like quite a few.
I like :
Alt Rock, Blues, Afro-cuban, Post-grunge, Jazz, Art Rock, Punk Rock, Industrial, Alt Metal, Hardcore Punk, Prog Metal, Prog Rock, Mathcore, Prog Rock, Prog Indie (me and my friends discovered), Indie music, some electronic, Dubstep, Drill'N'Bass, Experimental.

Bands/Artists I like are
Foo Fighters, Black Crowes, Horacio Hernandez, Soundgarden, Meshuggah, Rolo Tomassi, Dillinger Escape Plan, Blink-182, Peter Erskine, Tool, Led Zeppelin, The Mars Volta, Sepultura, Pearl Jam, Coheed And Cambria, Helmet, Anthrax, Opeth, Dream Theater, Robbie Ameen, Jethro Tull, Rush, Mogwai, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Them Crooked Vultures.

A lot of stuff.

Right now I'm mainly in a heavy 60s Miles and Coltrane phase. But I'm listening to other albums by them and a bunch of other jazz, hip hop, and a little metal and punk.

Tom Waits
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Nas
Mastodon
Brian Blade Fellowship
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Swans
Herbie Hancock
The Roots
Outkast
The Mars Volta
Converge
Refused
The Bronx
Cunninlynguists
Kenny Werner

That's more or less everything I'm rotating through at the moment. I almost always listen to a whole album at a time. I do like a lot of pop and soul and other stuff that just isn't getting played right now.

I used to keep a running tab on which artists were found in my CD collection, but I don't always update it. There might be a few bands missing. And if you add in all of my wife's CDs, this list would be double.

In alphabetical order:

Alice in Chains
Bauhuas
Beatles
Before The Dawn
Black Sabath
Johnny Cash
Chroma Key
Clan of Xymox
Dawn of Solace
Dead Soul Tribe
Def Leppard
Die Forum
The Doors
Dream Theater
Engine
John Entwistle
Fates Warning
Faith and the Muse
The Fixx
Fleetwood Mac
Foo Fighters
Foreigner
Peter Gabriel
Garbage
Ghost Brigade
Godsmack
INXS
Jefferson Airplane
Jefferson Starship
Journey
Judas Preist
Katatonia
The Last Dance
Lacuna Coil
Leaves Eye
Led Zepplin
Linkin Park
Tony MacAlpine
Metallica
Mors Syphilitica
Peter Murphy
Nine Inch Nails
No Doubt
Ozzy Osbourne
Pantera
Paradise Lost
Tom Petty
Pink Floyd
The Police
Queensryche
Rush
Scorpions
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Smithereens
Static-X
Switchblade Symphony
Triumph
Type O Negative
U2
Van Halen
White Zombie
The Who
Within Tempation
Rob Zombie

A lot of stuff.

Right now I'm mainly in a heavy 60s Miles and Coltrane phase. But I'm listening to other albums by them and a bunch of other jazz, hip hop, and a little metal and punk.

Tom Waits
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Nas
Mastodon
Brian Blade Fellowship
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Swans
Herbie Hancock
The Roots
Outkast
The Mars Volta
Converge
Refused
The Bronx
Cunninlynguists
Kenny Werner

That's more or less everything I'm rotating through at the moment. I almost always listen to a whole album at a time. I do like a lot of pop and soul and other stuff that just isn't getting played right now.

Forgot to add Converge! Yeah I like older pop stuff like Alanis Morissette, Shania Twain etc. etc. Grew up listening to it :)

Forgot to add Converge! Yeah I like older pop stuff like Alanis Morissette, Shania Twain etc. etc. Grew up listening to it :)

Converge are spectacular. Saw them in France at the Hellfest festival and everyone flocked away from the main stage - was it Within Temptation up there? - to Converge's set only after the big C had gotten a few songs in. They were absolutely spectacular.

As pop goes I'm more of a Justin Timberlake, Divine Comedy, kinda guy here. I play an Alanis Morissette song in our set. It drives me nuts!!!

I have a big listening habit where I like a unified experience. Which is why I like whole albums, and I also want stuff to segue into each other. It's a really compulsive thing, I don't like throwing on bebop Miles after playing Bitches Brew. But I might throw on Blue Moods, which is a kind of dark and moody record from that bebop time period, and go from there to a more bebop thing, if I have the time.

That's a big part of listening for me. What I've just listened to determines where I go.

Sounds like every likes Rock and Jazz with some Ethnic thrown in (and all those sub-categories that fit under rock and jazz and ethnic.......) :)

I tend to like fusion (rock, jazz and ethnic) rofl

Converge are spectacular. Saw them in France at the Hellfest festival and everyone flocked away from the main stage - was it Within Temptation up there? - to Converge's set only after the big C had gotten a few songs in. They were absolutely spectacular.

As pop goes I'm more of a Justin Timberlake, Divine Comedy, kinda guy here. I play an Alanis Morissette song in our set. It drives me nuts!!!

I have a big listening habit where I like a unified experience. Which is why I like whole albums, and I also want stuff to segue into each other. It's a really compulsive thing, I don't like throwing on bebop Miles after playing Bitches Brew. But I might throw on Blue Moods, which is a kind of dark and moody record from that bebop time period, and go from there to a more bebop thing, if I have the time.

That's a big part of listening for me. What I've just listened to determines where I go.

My teacher at school told me to listen to Homewrecker. Listened to it and I was blown away instantly! They are pretty heavy and the drummer barely ever uses double bass which is really impressive and he's also amazing! But they can put on a show!

I used to keep a running tab on which artists were found in my CD collection, but I don't always update it. There might be a few bands missing. And if you add in all of my wife's CDs, this list would be double.

I like about 96% of your list :) seems pretty good!
Not a Metallica or Linkin Park person. And Within Temptation.

Better to play and listen to everything :)

I like music that utilizes the 12 notes and the 12 key signatures ;) Although I'm not opposed to some scales that have 5 notes to 33 notes.... Sometimes I like interesting time signatures like stuff in 11/8 or 17/16, but I can tolerate 4/4 too.

There are exceptions, but I suppose in the simplest form I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and Alternative. I listen to a lot, but here's a short list of artists that I listen to more often than others (and the bold even more than that).

Alice in Chains
Alien Ant Farm
The Bad Plus
Billy Talent
Coheed & Cambria
The Dead Weather
Deftones
Foo Fighters
Lamb of God
Led Zeppelin
Mastodon
Mudvayne
Pantera
Queens of the Stone Age
Rush
Slipknot
Testament
Them Crooked Vultures
Thrice
The White Stripes
Wolfmother

I've seen a couple people mention Dillinger Escape Plan, and I've got tickets to see Deftones again here in a couple of weeks with Dillinger Escape Plan. Dillinger Escape Plan is a little more... metal-core? than what I usually like to listen to, but I picked up the Ire Works album and I don't hate it. Curious to see them play live, and SUPER excited to see Deftones headline a show; I've seen them as an opener twice.

There are exceptions, but I suppose in the simplest form I mostly listen to Rock, Metal, and Alternative. I listen to a lot, but here's a short list of artists that I listen to more often than others (and the bold even more than that).

Alice in Chains
Alien Ant Farm
The Bad Plus
Billy Talent
Coheed & Cambria
The Dead Weather
Deftones
Foo Fighters
Lamb of God
Led Zeppelin
Mastodon
Mudvayne
Pantera
Queens of the Stone Age
Rush
Slipknot
Testament
Them Crooked Vultures
Thrice
The White Stripes
Wolfmother

I've seen a couple people mention Dillinger Escape Plan, and I've got tickets to see Deftones again here in a couple of weeks with Dillinger Escape Plan. Dillinger Escape Plan is a little more... metal-core? than what I usually like to listen to, but I picked up the Ire Works album and I don't hate it. Curious to see them play live, and SUPER excited to see Deftones headline a show; I've seen them as an opener twice.

Dillinger are incredible and sooooo energetic live! It's unbelievable. I've only seen videos, but what I've seen. Wow!
Chris Pennie is a monster too!

I like music that utilizes the 12 notes and the 12 key signatures ;) Although I'm not opposed to some scales that have 5 notes to 33 notes.... Sometimes I like interesting time signatures like stuff in 11/8 or 17/16, but I can tolerate 4/4 too.

You like all music then? :D

Nobody has said 'Onkyo' yet. And that's what I like to listen to sometimes.

That and various bits and pieces of Japanese Noise. I always find it interesting.

There's a lot more than that, but I didn't think anybody else would be into any of the odd Japanese stuff that I am.

Nobody has said 'Onkyo' yet. And that's what I like to listen to sometimes.

That and various bits and pieces of Japanese Noise. I always find it interesting.

There's a lot more than that, but I didn't think anybody else would be into any of the odd Japanese stuff that I am.

I know how Japanese people get seizures after this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl8IMc-8-N8

it is pretty cool but :)

I know how Japanese people get seizures after this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl8IMc-8-N8

it is pretty cool but :)

Sachiko M. is the bomb! Toshimaru Nakamura is great, too.

Merzbow is kind of the antithesis, but it's interesting how they're interlinked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehQOM4eT0c&feature=related this is some great Onkyo.

It's so hard to buy the records in the UK though. I actually write composition like this in some ways. My issue is getting small enough sounds though.

Back